Craigslist Temptations

Options
jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 3,000
I'll bet this Carver CT-17 preamp would pair well with my Carver M1.0t that I have sitting around.
https://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/5665532608.html

And then there's this Musical Fidelity set whispering to me. It's actually a really good price for all three components: M1SDAC preamp/DAC; two M1PWR amps for mono-blocking.
https://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/5672862963.html
How would that/those compare to my McCormack DNA 125 for driving my SDA-2Bs? Of course I would have to bridge the MF amps for monoblocking.

Must...fight...the urge...
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• jdjohn
    Options
    Thanks DSkip. That makes it much easier to pass on.
    That Carver preamp has a LOT of features, which to me equates to potentially more things to go wrong...on an older piece of equipment. And there's no mention of the remote.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    wasn't Bobs best ...I'd pass..... per for the price.....will only you can make that call.
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Options
    I don't think the CT-17 is regarded as nice preamp within the Carver community anyway. If no remote isn't a deal breaker and you're looking for something to pair with that M1.0t, I have a nice C-1 down here in Chattanooga...
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Based on the feedback, I WON"T be making that call ;) Thanks guys.

Maybe these Infinity Column IIs will be a better investment...only $75.
    https://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/5651353755.html
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Options
    Those Infinity Columns look pretty cool for 75 smackers. Those paired with your M1.0t and my C-1 might make a decent little system.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Thanks, JP. PM sent.