Really tight RCA IC Cables

Options
I have some Cardas 300B Microtwin cables that are very tight fitting on all of the connections I make with my equipment. Mostly from AVR to Amplifier.

What is the best way to deal with this? I am worried that the cable could snap if I didn't pull straight back. wfokk0h99tl9.jpg

Any advice appreciated

HT Setup: Onkyo 706; Rotel RB-1075; Rti A3; Csi A6; Fxi3's

2 CH: Squeezebox Touch; Dared SL-2000a; GoldenEar Triton 5 or Lsi9's; Parasound 2125; SVS SB12-NSD; Music Hall DAC 25.2

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    put them on and take them off with a twisting motion.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • cdn5003
    cdn5003 Posts: 144
    Options
    Yes marvda1, I should have mentioned that I do employ the twisting motion. It takes a very strong pull and twist straight back to get them off.

These don't have the casing that screws on and off to "lock" in place. I'm hesitant to get out pliers and try to open those up a bit
    HT Setup: Onkyo 706; Rotel RB-1075; Rti A3; Csi A6; Fxi3's

2 CH: Squeezebox Touch; Dared SL-2000a; GoldenEar Triton 5 or Lsi9's; Parasound 2125; SVS SB12-NSD; Music Hall DAC 25.2
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    I wouldn't use cables that did that at all no matter how good they are. Too much risk of damaging equipment, especially on the AVR end where connections are not all that physically secure since there are so many of them. That damage could range from stripping the plating off the RCA jacks to breaking an internal soldered connection. Monster's cables do the same thing. Recommend selling the cables on and trying something else. Locking RCAs work best for me.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    ^ THIS ^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    A little DeoxIT Gold will keep them lubricated.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/