Omni App, "No Audio Content Found"

I just bought an Omni A1 the other day. Setup on my network was easy, and it can find and play Internet Radio. The problem arises when I try to play music from the library on my Network Attached Storage. It connects to my media server fine, but unlike all other devices, it insists there's no music available, and just gives me the error message "No Audio Content Found".

The NAS is running a DLNA-compliant media server which is known to work. I have a non-Polk device playing it from right now, and I can also fire up BubbleUPnP on my phone, and render audio content from my server on my phone ( no reason to do so, other than to prove that it works ). There are about 4200 songs in my library, a mix of AAC and Apple Lossless. The Omni app sees exactly zero of them, which renders it ( no pun intended ) about useless to me. All firmware and app versions are current, as far as I can tell.

I have already sent a message to Polk Customer Support, but I don't expect to hear back from them for a few days, so I thought I'd try here, and see if there's a known solution. I was kind of hoping that this unit would work... in fact, I already ordered a second one for another room, so it's going to be a hassle to return both of them.

Thanks.

Comments

• In case anyone is curious, I got a reply from Polk CS today. Unfortunately, it was useless, so I'm still at square one.

Specifically, Polk suggested that if my music was stored several levels deep in the filesystem, their app might not find it. That's pretty amazing to me, it not being the 20th century anymore, but regardless, my library is already at root and the only thing on the partition, so this can't be the cause.

Additionally, they recommended a few troubleshooting steps that might apply if my Polk device was unable to connect to the network. So that was just a waste of their time and mine, since as I mentioned, I can play Internet radio through it.

I pointed all this out to them in a subsequent message, but got no reply.

So, all in all, no help at all from Polk. I guess my Omnis are going home.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Let me send this to one of my contacts at Polk and see what he says.
    Regards, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Telephone Polk's wireless phone line at 1-800-638-7276 and ask for Kennon or Alex.
    Regards, Ken