Can there be more that one accepted answer to a question, and is there an order?

I'll answer as 1, 2, 3, 4, and accept as 2, 4, 1

Best Answers

Answers

• pkquatpkquat Posts: 422
    Answer 3
    Accepted answers are in post order.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,022
    A little too early in the morning to be this drunk.
  • JPeteJPete Posts: 246
    woah
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,306
    That "answer" deal really screws up the flow of a thread. Another part of the nightmare known as Vanilla. Please don't use it.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,397
    I hate the answer button

It throws you back up to the top of the thread :#
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,022
    In with 16. Thanks!
    F1nut wrote: »
    That "answer" deal really screws up the flow of a thread. Another part of the nightmare known as Vanilla. Please don't use it.

Agreed and noted for future questions. On some forums if you have more than one best answer it either only allows 1 or it puts the last one you selected to the top, and sometimes will not allow you to re-select an answer to change the order. They kept the original thread order and often put the thread post number with the answer.

I like that the best answer(s) are at the top, but not that vanilla re-orders the thread. Very poor design.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,306
    The best answer as selected by the OP may very well not be the best answer and therefore someone else seeking information may be mislead. The "answer" button is a bad idea any way you look at it.
  • decaldecal Posts: 2,907
    I thought I was wrong once, but I was just mistaken.