Listened to JBL synthesis 4367 yesterday

Stopped by absolute audio yesterday to grab a few goodies. They have moved to a new store, my dealer says you have to listen to these new speakers we got in. These are the more "affordable" version of the M2 studio reference monitors, with built in passive crossovers for home use. These are nothing special to look at, they are big, ugly, and well... All horned up!

But man these sounded really good. I was super surprised how nice those horns sounded. Super smooth and detailed, and those big 15 inch drivers had some nice tight bass. They were run by a bryston 14b cubed and wired with nordost Valhalla through out the system, not sure what preamp was being used as there was a slough of gear set up.

At 15,000$ a pair they better sound good. My only experience with horns have been newer klipsch, which I found harsh and just not good. It was nice to listen to properly set up horns. I really liked it, it was refreshing not to have a trickle of blood run from my ear (that was my experience with several klipsch).

Sorry guys I effed up and didn't take any pictures. I might head back for another listen, and snap some pics. I have some bryston amp talk on the horizon :)
2 channel:
Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
Theater:
Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    6egkvttglwir.jpeg
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Nothing special??...I kind of dig em..look like pro gear..
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Nothing special to look at. I didn't find them attractive looking, and they are very low on the WAF scale. But, they sound very, very, good. They are modeled after the M2 as mentioned which is pro gear, and JBL recommends running them with crown amps. I'm not into the pro stuff, but these definitely opened my eyes.
    2 channel:
    Theater: