I have a new

I have a new Onkyo Tx-nr656 receiver and an old RM6200 speaker system. The receiver manual and the speaker manual have different instructions for hooking up the subwoofer, what is the best way to connect these speakers to this receiver?

Answers

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • KBR
    KBR Posts: 3
    Unfortunately, no LFE input on the PSW 250 (only the 350 and 450 pg. 2). As I continue to read, the receiver has a "pre out" sub woofer connection. i am thinking option #3 with a 1 male to 2 male RCA Y connector. Thoughts?
  • KBR
    KBR Posts: 3
    Or maybe two subwoofer cables because receiver has two subwoofer out jacks?
  • jmckay
    jmckay Posts: 4
    i'm looking for info on a similar setup! my RM's are the series before yours in concrete and came with the PSW300. I'm currently looking for a new amp. Any thoughts on the Onkyo so far?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    The important consideration with any of the RM satellite systems is that the subwoofer is able to play up, in frequency, to at least 120Hz instead of the more usual 80Hz.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    You can use just one rca (white) to run from the Sub output to the white input on the back of the subwoofer. It will act like an LFE cable just fine.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member