My magnifi wireless subwoofer sometimes "crackles".

Is it possible to buy a replacement subwoofer for the magnifi soundbar?

Answers

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,463
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It might not be necessary to buy another subwoofer, interference between your network router and the subwoofer can cause crackling and other unwanted sounds. As a test try turning your router off and see if the crackling sounds continue.
    If you need Polk customer service you can reach them at 1-800-377-7655.
    Regards, Ken
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • I am having this same problem. The subwoofer is set up across the room. It's been happening since I bought this product a year ago. Finally getting sick of it and wondering if this is a common problem
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,463
    If you turn off your router does the problem stop?
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • elmerparkselmerparks Posts: 3
    I am having the problem also. My sound bar is about 6 weeks old. Crackling or popping sounds from subwoofer or rear wireless surround speakers. Dog is freaking out. It randomly happens, so I don’t know what triggers it. I don’t think it has anything to do with channel changes. Using optical from new LG TV.
  • elmerparkselmerparks Posts: 3
    If it is the router, what is the fix? Most homes are going to have a router running at the same time. Can’t leave router off.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,405
    elmerparks wrote: »
    If it is the router, what is the fix? Most homes are going to have a router running at the same time. Can’t leave router off.

Been wondering that myself, every time I see a router suggested as a potential problem. Not like anyone streams content these days or uses the internet for anything...
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic