Happy Fathers Day (Polkie Dads!)

Wishing all the Polk members that are fathers a very Happy Fathers Day! In good times and bad times, we still manage to make it happen and Tophats's off to all of you. Hope it's a Special one come Sunday!! :smile:
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Same to you Brother
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Thanks Johnny! And to you!
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    That was nice!! Back at you, Happy Fathers Day!!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Thanks a lot.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Back atcha bro. I know we tend to give mothers all the credit, and no doubt they deserve lots of it, but being a father is no cake walk either.

Bone in rib eye on the grill for me come Sunday.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    tonyb wrote: »
    Back atcha bro. I know we tend to give mothers all the credit, and no doubt they deserve lots of it, but being a father is no cake walk either.

It's all about balance. There are tasks that my wife does that i want no part in but there are also tasks that i do that she doesn't want any part.
    All i want is to crack a beer and weed my garden on Sunday. For me, i treat it no differently than any other day. Though, I'll celebrate Mother's Day every year because my wife/child's mother, kicks ****.

T-minus 30 days and i become a father....again....*ominous music plays loudly*

Happy Pa Day to you all!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited June 2016
    Dude, preliminary congrats on the new baby.

We make a big deal on mother's day more than father's day also. I'll be grilling some steaks either tomorrow or Sunday. I may get a gift. It's not important to me, it's more important that the kids show they care about someone other than themselves. I make a bigger deal about the kids showing their mother love and affection on mother's day than I do for me, but my wife reciprocates. They don't get an allowance so they are basically spending my money on a gift. They have to plan it though.

Other than that the day will not be that different. I may have to do a chore or two, but then spend the day with the family.

Happy father's day to all the dads here.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Happy Fathers Day to all the dads and dads to be out there!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Happy Fathers Day!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A