New JBL Studio 530 Bookshelf in Denver

Options
Only took out of the boxes to inspect/test. Brand new. $475. Pickup only, no shipping.

http://www.jblsynthesis.com/productdetail/studio_530.html

http://www.jbl.com/loudspeakers/STUDIO+530.html

Description 5-1/4″ (130mm) Bookshelf Loudspeakers with High-Frequency Compression Driver in a Horn and Classic JBL® Bass
Frequency Response 45Hz -- 40kHz (--6dB)
Recommended Amplifier Power 125 watts
Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 86dB
Nominal Impedance 6 ohms
Crossover Frequencies (Hz) 1.5kHz
High-frequency Drive Components 1″ (25mm) compression driver with neodymium magnet and one-piece Teonex® diaphragm on a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial® horn, magnetically shielded
Low-frequency Drive Components 5-1/4″ (130mm) PolyPlas™ cone with SFG magnet structure, cast frame and rubber surround, magnetically shielded
Enclosure Material MDF Enclosure
Enclosure Type Ported
Input Connections Dual gold-plated binding posts (bi-wire-capable)
Height 18-3/8″ (467mm)
Width 8-7/16″ (214mm)
Depth 8-3/4 (222mm)
Weight 17 lb (7.7kg)xdcsdc5coajy.jpg
6mlcx6c77jxh.jpg
005n0gnsfmdc.jpg
vifvskb57rri.jpg

Comments

• nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    Options
  • nhhiep
    Options
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Kind of surprised there have not been any takers here, based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews these have gotten. I'll bet if you put them on Audiogon they'd sell quickly...

The no ship thing doesn't help.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,272
    Options
    Pssssst.....location ?
    Sal Palooza
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Me thinks, based on the title, Denver? :p
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Yea no shipping means not really want to sell anytime soon, which is fine, but it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that doesn't make a lot of sense to me lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    If anybody really wants these I can be a middle man and ship, just cover the costs - don't have to pay me anything. This is assuming they're still in their factory boxes which it sounds like. Offer only to good/long standing members, no new 1 post members that found this thread with Google.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Super cool of you nightfall, not interested but that's a very nice gesture the for right person...and deserving of some karma!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,272
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Me thinks, based on the title, Denver? :p

Well ..... uh .... I knew that. I just thought that maybe some others might have missed the 48 point, bold font reference to Denver at the top of the page. B)

Sal Palooza
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Mrbigbluelight... I actually missed it at first too, LOL!

Sweet offer Nightfall!!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    They have some darn good reviews.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • nhhiep
    Options
    I really don't want to ship these because I read so many stories here when UPS handles speakers.

The reason I am selling these is because my plan to build a HT/Music room quickly changed when my first child came out a few months ago. 10 boxes of diapers are useful than 2 speakers in a box right now :)
  • rooftop59
    Options
    nhhiep wrote: »
    my plan to build a HT/Music room quickly changed when my first child came out a few months ago

I am confused...did the baby just appear out of nowhere??? Surelt you had to know at some point that the wife wasn't just putting on a few lol...

Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • nhhiep
    Options
    short story is my music/HT room is now a place for the baby to sleep because it's on the main floor. For look/safety reason, I am going to sell the whole JBL 5 series (2 590s, 2 530s, 2 560Ps) that I bought and going in wall.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    If you have original packaging, they should be fine.
  • nhhiep
    Options
    still available for pickup
  • nhhiep
    Options
    No longer for sale for now. Decided to keep them after I did a comparison with the Klipsch Palladium 17B ($4000). Both sound the same. The 17B is just louder. Sold the 17B last weekend.

willing to trade the 530+cash for Polk 703
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I have not heard them but from what I have read, wise choice.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    nhhiep wrote: »
    willing to trade the 530+cash for Polk 703

Didn't you, just recently, sell your LSiM703s?

In any case, GLWTS/T.