Pass Labs X1 on Audiogon

Options

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    has it arrived yet?

Yes it is here and still in the box. The amp shipped today from the south east. Life is good
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Snag the F7 on the 'gone

I'm going to duck n' cover

i have not seen any reviews. I am trying to make this a system to end the game of upgrade.

I thought the mf m6500i would have but it did not,

Still haven't worked the kinks out with the MF ? Too warm....too rounded on the notes ? I'm almost thinking something is amiss with that unit judging by your past posts.

In any event, sell it then and move on. Not every thing we try is going to be a keeper.

Tony is m6si seems so much better than the 500 . I actually swapped places with the 2 this morning. The m6si in size and stature is much more of a bargain.

I really like the performance of the 200 wpc vs the so called 500 wpc of the beast.

I listed the 500 yesterday. On the Gon. That is on mother to move with the short feet that mf puts on that amp. What. Were they thinking. Damn

Wow.....something doesn't sound right there. The old MF 500's can kick some serious butt.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    This damn pre amp is built as robust as the 500i. very impressive.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    This damn pre amp is built as robust as the 500i. very impressive.

Well that was a cruddy review :(
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    dspapx4lohoo.jpg

I can't find any information about what difference there may be between these 2 connection point. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    If you are looking at the two serial ports on the power supply, they are both the same. I chose to use the outboard connector.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    Thank you John. I appreciate it.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Remember to just set it up and walk away for 48 hours... You can also download a copy of the manual from Pass.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Also if you could post a review of the pass XA30.5 you picked up too please!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• WagnerRC
    Options
    I do have a copy of the owner's manual but saw no mention of the dual serial ports. Seems odd to have to ports. I will post a review for sure. Thanks
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Remember to just set it up and walk away for 48 hours... You can also download a copy of the manual from Pass.

+1 You will experience an unnecessary wave of buyers remorse if you listen to the X1 before it settles in for a couple of days.

After it settles in, you will spend endless hours playing different material you haven't listened to in a long time and set in amazement at the level of detail and presence the music now has that wasn't there with your old setup.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    Can't stress more to make sure you turn it on and walk away for awhile before playing anything.

Same when you get the amp.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Where is the dam n review or some initial impressions at least.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Where is the dam n review or some initial impressions at least.

• WagnerRC
    Options
    The amp is still in transit. It will be delivered next week.
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    One of these amps is available local-ish. I have a very itchy trigger finger for this amp. Trying to be patient. What speakers are you driving them with?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• WagnerRC
    Options
    I will be using Paradigm Signature 8's and I have Signature 6's too.
  • mikeyb128
    Options

Ah yes that's right. You did mention that earlier.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Ah yes that's right. You did mention that earlier.

Now I know you are chompin' at the bit for a review as the Paradigm specs pretty much match your Focal's...hehehehe
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    Oh man... Trying to be patient. Lol, I followed H9's recommendation, bought a few tubes. It DIDN'T help! But, I might save more cash and pick up something much nicer in the coming months. Not to say the pass isn't nice.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• WagnerRC
    Options
    The pass lab preamp is non functioning. Going back to pass for service. Great customer service from Desmond @ Pass. First class all the way and no charge just pay the shipping. I can handle that. Just wanted to update the thread.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That is very rare. Pass gear has an extremely low failure rate. But, they are tops in CS...........just about the best there is. I'm sure other boutique companies are just as good........unless you go by the moniker Polkfarmboy, then all bets are off.

H9
    Post edited by heiney9 on
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    The build quality of the Pass Labs products are second to none that's for sure. I look forward to hearing this combination.
  • WagnerRC
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pass X1 will be back in the house this Friday. Time to warm it up again. I will let John chime in about what the issue was. Thanks

And I will say Pass customer service is second to none and I will send them a token of my appreciation. I like the way they do business.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Ask them to have Nelson sign it... It looks really cool that way. Also, connect everything BEFORE plugging in the power cables and never touch anything on the back without waiting 5 or 10 minutes after unplugging the power section from the wall. Bad things can happen...

I sent the above shortly after I learned about the failure. I feel horrible for not mentioning this tidbit of information before you took it out of the box. That said, you are soon in for a real audio treat.

• WagnerRC
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I received the X1 back today and it is rocking. Kent at Pass said fire it up and the soundstage will just get wide in time.

I am blown away at Pass Labs customer service. This is the way to win a customer for life. Very professional from first call to receiving the package just this hour.

Have a nice weekend.

3l94cqf6l70k.jpg
    3ai685zrugkx.jpg
    2rs5ghh5jeqm.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    No Nelson signature?

Glad she is finally home and coming up to speed. give it a few days to settle in and give is some of your thoughts. Congrats!

• WagnerRC
    edited July 2016
    Options
    All I will say so far is holy ****. Thanks This amp has plenty of power too.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Very nice man, looks built like a tank. Let us know how the sound progresses as it breaks in.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    I am totally happy with this new combination. The amp has plenty of power which blows me away. The pass X1 pre is exactly what I was hoping for. I want to thank John for the lead into this X1. Paired with the pass amp is a great combination and pass customer service is second to none.