Crackling from woofer PSW505

Options
I have a PSW505 woofer that recently started to produce crackling. Its completely random: sometimes it will work fine for a few minutes, then just produce crackling, then go back to working. It's mostly crackling though.

It doesn't matter if its connected to input or not. i can have it completely disconnected form the receiver and if it is powered on it only produces crackling.

I tried some remedies i found in a forum somewhere which said to try the "ON" vs "AUTO" feature, but no difference.

I have it paired with Monitor60's which are working fine.

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Under warranty, authorized seller? Either way, call Polk CS @ 800-377-7655. They'll get you squared away. Might try a different cable to rule out the obvious...
  • split
    split Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, ill get in touch with CS to see if i can get this handled.
    Bought from Newegg in 2014.
    Ill pick up a cable just to be sure i can rule that out as you suggested, but the crackling is there regardless of whether it is connected to the cable or not. After speaking with some friends since this post, they reckon its the internal amp that is giving up.