WTB SDA SRS Passive Radiator

Need one passive radiator for SDA SRS, 15". Have not pulled it yet to verify the driver number.
Chris

SDA 3.1TL Denon AVR 3801/Carver TFM 35
SDA SRS 1.2 Chiro C 800/McIntosh MC2002/Oppo BDP 83SE
Monitor 5

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited June 2016
    The original SRS is part number SW150.

eBay is your best bet.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    F1nut wrote: »
    The original SRS is part number SW150.

eBay is your best bet.

I have only seen one in 5 years...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Thanks for the info, I had a feeling they don't come around often. It's the surround only that's damaged, so I will see about getting it replaced in the meantime.
    Chris

Monitor 5
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Good luck most surrounds I have seen are too thick. Personally you may have a hard time I don't remember ever seeing one come up on eBay.
  • Have you checked with Dave about any possible repair options? There was a thread with images of a radiator that had a loose weight vibrate out through the cone he repaired.

• pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Good luck most surrounds I have seen are too thick. Personally you may have a hard time I don't remember ever seeing one come up on eBay.

I suppose the typical surround made for repair of an active driver might be too thick. I have to try something, I can't just write off these speakers for one driver. Calling local repair guy this morning when he opens. Will see what he has to say.
    Chris

Monitor 5
  • Have you checked with Dave about any possible repair options? There was a thread with images of a radiator that had a loose weight vibrate out through the cone he repaired.

I haven't. What's Dave's handle on here? This case is a surround that a dog decided to chew up.....someone in the house left the door open.....

Chris

Monitor 5
  • @westmassguy

The radiator could easilly be FUBAR as far as ever again operating to exact spec but that does not mean it cannot be made operational until a replacement can be found.
  • Gunther16
    Gunther16 Posts: 243
    If this is the PR for the 3.1TL the number for this would be a 122 (or was it 123?) cant exactly remember.
  • Gunther16 wrote: »
    If this is the PR for the 3.1TL the number for this would be a 122 (or was it 123?) cant exactly remember.

The PR is for the SRS 1.2, I actually have a spare to the 3.1's, wish the dog would have decided to eat that one instead.
    @westmassguy

The radiator could easilly be FUBAR as far as ever again operating to exact spec but that does not mean it cannot be made operational until a replacement can be found.

Maybe so, but the face of the driver, and the foam structure are intact, and the foam is still connected to the spider.

I do have a local guy here in DFW that feels he can repair it well, and for not too much $. Like you said, fix it and keep looking.

Chris

Monitor 5
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    No one makes surrounds for any of the Polk drivers/PR's from that time.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited June 2016
    Found a pair on Fleabay for $40. Doesn't state specific model number though.

*Edit* Scratch that...they are 12 inch passives.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Found a pair on Fleabay for $40. Doesn't state specific model number though.

*Edit* Scratch that...they are 12 inch passives.

Thanks for looking out.
    Chris

Monitor 5
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I try Chris, if I see anything I will post here asap.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Question is, what are one of these PR's worth? I have two of them, just not sure if I want to part with one/pair of them..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Question is, what are one of these PR's worth? I have two of them, just not sure if I want to part with one/pair of them..
    As hard as they are to find they would need to be sold/donated after my death.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I would think that the PR's would be the last thing to replace, unless extreme carelessness enters into the picture.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    @midlife/midfi , I'd be happy to take a look if your local guy can't fix it. can you post a couple photos of the damaged area?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Late to the party here - I have a single SW150 Passive Radiator from my pair of SRS 1.2 TL's. The spider was damaged from delivery. Front and surround are as new. Midwest Speaker Repair indicated they can rebuild this to new specs replacing the spider and remounting the original surround for $40 + $15 shipping cost. Let me know if anyone wants for needs it, been sitting on a shelf now for years.
  • @Indyaudio2 do you still have that available?
  • deadtom129 wrote: »
    @Indyaudio2 do you still have that available?

I got a feeling that you're chasing a ghost.