I'm not in love~

Options
K_M
K_M Posts: 1,627

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    I have all of 10cc's stuff yeah that's a great song matter of fact I play it quite often that whole album brings back a lot of memories.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    If you want to see how the music industry has changed and just how original artists were back then. Look up the remake of that song done the same year by Dee Dee Sharp (*also known as Dee Dee Sharp-Gamble because she married Kenny Gamble of Gamble & Huff fame*) You won't even recognize the song it is SO different. Look it up on Youtube.
  • K_M
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I have all of 10cc's stuff yeah that's a great song matter of fact I play it quite often that whole album brings back a lot of memories.

yes, truly they seem really innovative and original.
    A weird combo of innovation, rock, fun, and parodies of other music!
  • K_M
    Options
    If you want to see how the music industry has changed and just how original artists were back then. Look up the remake of that song done the same year by Dee Dee Sharp (*also known as Dee Dee Sharp-Gamble because she married Kenny Gamble of Gamble & Huff fame*) You won't even recognize the song it is SO different. Look it up on Youtube.

I have checked out several of their albums on Spotify, they are almost tiring to listen to though, but in a good way!

They pack so much crazy stuff and innovative stuff into each song it is like so much to take in..lol
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    Great stuff -- they (10 cc) generally had their metaphorical tongues wedged so firmly in their cheeks that one could basically never take their songs at face value :-)

Probably worth noting in this context that 10 cc begat Godley/Creme
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    @K_M
    Several of who's album's?
    Dee Dee Sharp?
    10cc?
    Gamble & Huff were the owners of Philadelphia International Records. They were also song writers and producers.
  • K_M
    Options
    OOH several of 10CC