Atmos upgrade with ceiling speakers

I currently have Pioneer Elite VSX-32 reciever driving Klipsch mains with Polk 8" in ceiling speakers (RC80i I think), TL-1 center with Martin Logan sub.
I'm considering ATMOS upgrade.
1. I'd like to verify the speaker type, so I need to tool to remove the grill - where can I get that?
2. Can I add 2 front high in-ceiling Polk speakers Pioneer ATMOS reciever to get to reasonable 7.1.2 system? What model should I use for front high?
Thanks,
Ted

Comments

• The RC80i ceiling speakers are rear surround only at this time.
  • dpowelldpowell Posts: 2,697
    I would add a model that closely timbre matches what you have. With the Klipsch mains and Polk rears, you don't have a completely matched system so go with what you think sounds best. Also consider whether or not you will want to upgrade to a 4 speaker Atmos setup in the future when placing the first two rears and when selecting a receiver. Some Atmos receivers will only drive one pair of Atmos surrounds.
    I would strongly consider investing in a matching, full size Klipsch center before adding more speakers.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C