Common Ground Amp/Receiver Question

Options
jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 3,000
I have a pair of SDA-2Bs and several common ground power amps that I switch up with them. I have recently rescued a few receivers from my dad's garage, notably a Sansui 9090 (left an AU-999 behind til next trip) and a Rotel RX-602. I'm curious to try these receivers/amps on the SDAs without the power amps in the chain. Is this safe? I don't know if these vintage receivers/amps are common ground or not, and since they have A/B (or more) speaker connections, I'm not sure if the usual testing for continuity would even work.

Thanks for any insights.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,170
    Options
    the 9090 is common ground, don't know about the other.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    receivers by nature are common ground
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Great, thanks guys. I have some fun ahead of me, then, trying the receivers alone with the SDAs, and then using them as pre's into my McCormack or other power amps.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon