Parasound A21 Vs JC-1 Mono blocks

Options
acmf74
acmf74 Posts: 936
edited May 2016 in Electronics
Looking into Parasound amplification.

Do both amps sound the same or do the JC-1s more sound musical?

Thanks.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    JC 1's all day long for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ^^^^This

If you are looking give DSkip a holler, he's a dealer
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I'd concur with the other gents....The JC1's are on a way different level than the lower lines. They should be too given the price difference but they were built to be a flagship amp and not just an updated series.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    This question has been one of those I've been curious to answer myself.

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    Options
    To repeat, aren't we comparing new $4500 each x 2 vs one $2500 amp?
    I love my A21 gotta think I'd marry a pair of JC 1 Monos if they showed up at my door..Twins..
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    A JC1 amp is capable of 135 amps peak to peak power output compared to the 60 amps per channel on an A21. It also has a 1.9kVA transformer compared to the shared 1.2kVA transformer in an A21. The internal build quality is more robust all around to accommodate the higher power output, which allows the JC1 to run up to 25 watts in pure Class A mode. This bias mode would make it sound more musical, as well as being capable of greater power output. The design philosophy and many parts are the same though, including the chassis, to save money in the product line. I am happy with an A21, but considered getting a pair of JC1s over the years as the A21 can sound a bit solid state "grainy" when pushed hard compared to higher end amps.
  • acmf74
    acmf74 Posts: 936
    Options
    Thanks everyone!