crossover

Options
like many newbies, I just don't get it, I've been reading and everyone seems to like 80 to send more to the sub, I've got an onkyo 646, rti a5 in the front and a1 for surrounds, a6 center, psw125 sub hooked up lfe, and accueq doesn't seem all that bright, I could change nothing and get drastically different settings every time, any suggestions?
CSi A6
RTi A5 x2
PSW125
RTi A1 x4
Onkyo TX-NR646
Sony PS4
Sony BDP-S5500
Monster HDP 2500
Panasonic 60st50

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    Any suggestions for what ? Crossover settings ? You have to play around a bit to see what setting floats your boat more. I'd imagine somewhere between 60-80 should suffice.

The auto calibration might give you different settings based on the noise level in the house, mic position. House has to be dead arse quiet, and mic has to be at ear level in your sitting position.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    What I have always done is stick my ear to the subwoofer and turn the cross over all the way to the highest frequency. Then I will turn it down until I hear nothing but the bass guitar and kick drum. It is usually around 80hz, sometimes I listen to it at 100hz. All depends on your ear and what you like.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member