Axpona 2016 Chicago - Whose Going?

2»

Comments

• ThortonThorton Posts: 936
    From about 2000 to 20000. You'd have to contact his NA distributor.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7, Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7, Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable, Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    halo wrote: »
    $2k to $2k?

Yup. I didn't get the full breakdown but I know the lower model was around that and the souped up top of the line, I believe was $20,000.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7, Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7, Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable, Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    Sorry,
    $2000 to $20,000.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,355
    halo wrote: »
    Lampizator???

Hand built quality, great sounding dacs at a price point out of yours....and mine's league. Google them up.

I heard mention of beer, specifically someone buying too. Why was I not informed of this free beer give away ?

....AND to think I spent the night with the grandkids being subjected to a 5 minute chorus of the theme song to Fat Albert before going to see Jungle Book.

Now I know the reasons why I appear to be losing it. :)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,144
    Other sites people are really impressed with the new Magico S5 v2. Now I am torn between a new car, or new speakers. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,531
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Other sites people are really impressed with the new Magico S5 v2. Now I am torn between a new car, or new speakers. :)

Time to either remove the alcohol from the house or shred the credit cards my friend...just a friend helping a friend!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,072
    nbrowser wrote: »

Time to either remove the alcohol from the house or shred the credit cards my friend...just a friend helping a friend!

That sir is NOT how we help friends here! I am offended that you would not tell him to buy both the speakers(or is that spearkers???) AND and that Lamborghini Aventador he has been lusting after.

Further, we tell him to drink UP and go for it!

You just gave him the crappiest advice ever given out on this forum... glad I was here to correct it.
    You should be banned!

:p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,531
    nbrowser wrote: »

That sir is NOT how we help friends here! I am offended that you would not tell him to buy both the speakers(or is that spearkers???) AND and that Lamborghini Aventador he has been lusting after.

Further, we tell him to drink UP and go for it!

You just gave him the crappiest advice ever given out on this forum... glad I was here to correct it.
    You should be banned!

:p

Considering he was loaded when he ordered the S5s...we need to keep him out of trouble good friend. A new car is quite important to be honest!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,329
    Zip it Ken, John's right. ;)
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,144
    All good advice. I am purging the past, and starting the final third of my life anew with no baggage. The hard part is deciding what stays and what goes. So far, beer is winning over no beer on the weekend.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    All good advice. I am purging the past, and starting the final third of my life anew with no baggage. The hard part is deciding what stays and what goes. So far, beer is winning over no beer on the weekend.
    I'll take it all.... I ain't greedy o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
    Where are all the pictures at gentlemen!!!

• halohalo Posts: 3,594
    We just wrapped up our tour of Axpona 2016. I visited everyone of the manufacturers on my list plus Von Schweikert.

I took a lot of pictures and some notes.

I will post stuff when I get a chance. I've got a test on Monday (tomorrow) and a presentation on Tuesday
    edited April 2016
    I wanted to add that it's not exactly a fair comparison between all the different speakers since they were driven by different brands, and types, of gear. The electronics comparison had the same issue but in reverse; hard to say what the sonic signature of a brand is when I only heard them through one pair of speakers. All the cables were different in all of the rooms we were in as well. So, the only things that I can comment on are the system's synergy. Now, if you believe that all amplifiers sound the same and that cables don't matter, then I'd easily be able to put the speakers in order from high to low.

I listened to everything pretty objectively because I didn't know the price of the speakers until after auditioning them (for every pair except the ELAC UB5). All of these speakers might sound different in my apartment than they did in the hotel rooms or conference rooms. I would think that the electronics should retain their sonic signature but I could be wrong.

We had a pretty good time. I would say that, if you wanted to see/hear everything you might need all three days.

Some vendors used acoustic room treatments and some did not. Those that did, used them to different degrees (a lot or a little).
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 1,976
    That was an OMG room for sure. I was with a friend who was attending for the first time. He's a musician, DJ, etc and was blown away by some classical pieces they demoed.The detail was amazing!

FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    WLDock wrote: »
    That was an OMG room for sure. I was with a friend who was attending for the first time. He's a musician, DJ, etc and was blown away by some classical pieces they demoed.The detail was amazing!
    Yup!

My wife is a musician and this was a first attendance for us both.

We didn't agree on the OMG room but we were close in what our favorites were overall. lol.
    Anything from TriangleArt?

2»