Tesla Model III

1567810

Comments

  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,362
    So it's preaching...not just posting about a Tesla thread....calling you out

    You got banned before and I'm calling you out....TROLLING
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,362
    Go to the auto forums and preach
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • I am involved with a company that is building Electric Car Charging Stations. But I cannot divulge any info on that now.

    But I do have a couple of companies set up to teach EV Novices about Electric Cars and Charging Etiquette. Like this site: http://EV-Rules.com

    Well, that says it all right there. B)


    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 496
    edited November 12
    lol
    Post edited by Viking64 on
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,362
    We'll talk EVs, just like before....

    Can an EV get you from Mobile, Alabama to Texas in 5hrs for $48 in a 3/4 ton diesel pickup GMC Denali. My truck doesn't roll coal :/

    czwbesi0znkx.jpg


    Sure there are thousands and %'s that don't travel that daily....but there are thousands and %'s that do.....

    East Coast hmmmm yeah...a little. What about those who commute across from Connecticut to NY daily...luck of the draw in traffic

    You can talk gasoline subs, but I can talk gasoline taxes

    We're already talking about electronics waste and what to do with it...as small as cell phones.

    Humans are always going to be a contributing waste to this planet. You can chop it up how ever you want.

    So a hand full of countries chip in for the climate agenda, but those aren't the countries that are the worst offenders. Just like crime, you can preach about it, but unless go to the sources you can't fix it.

    The 1st world countries ie US and Germany have figured out how to recycle nearly every consumer good. That's why we have so many throw a ways that aren't natural.

    Byproducts are the evil of consumption

    Batteries are a byproduct and a multiple byproduct at that.

    With EV's they try to make them lighter with more byproducts, just like every car.

    Like I said....round and round

    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,033
    edited November 13
    Lasareath wrote: »
    headrott wrote: »
    Sal, you are changing the argument with every post you make. You do not fully answer the questions/issues that are brought up. Why? ((Rhetorical question): I know the answer, but do you realize it?))
    You still did not answer my rhetorical question, which is: Why do you not realise that you are changing the argument with each post?

    You need me to answer every single question that you asked? I'll try but I think I'll be wasting time. Why Do I think I am wasting my time because I think no matter what I write you'll just believe what you want to believe

    That can be argued on both sides, correct? If you believe you are correct, why not make your argument (with accurate facts) to convince us?

    What is so funny about it? It doesn't matter if coal is on the decline or not. This does not change the fact that well over 90% of EV's are powered by coal to get charged currently. Do you not agree with this fact?

    What's Funny is the production of Gasoline From Oil is much worse than burning 5% to 30% Coal in order to make Electric.

    Let's assume that 5 to 30% coal is, in fact used to power electricity to people's houses. Who has done the study to put out these numbers? How accurate are they? Why are you taking them at face value? Also, the energy consumption usage chart you posted after this post is comparing jet fuel to coal for producing electricity? I know of no place (apparently other than New Jersey) that uses Jet Fuel to produce electricity. Doesn't that raise suspicion about your source?
    1lbyp29lmghs.jpg


    How can you compare the two calculations? One is an indirect emmision calculation and one is direct. At least the direct calculation from the gasoline engine is accurate. The calculation for your "green plan" does not take into account all aspects of carbon emissions (and is theoretical, not actual, unlike the gasoline engine).


    I can compare it because the EV itself does not create Pollution. If you give the EV 100% Solar or Wind Generated Electric it would not emit anything.

    But again, that is NOT the case. Well over 90% of EV car owners use coal to power their cars (apparently other than in New Jersey which are using other fuels, such as Jet Fuel to power their EV's?)

    The Drilling for OIL and turning that into Gasoline and you use in your car and then create Exhaust makes pollution in every single step of the way.

    Just as the mining for materials to make EV car batteries, and then coal (and Jet Fuel?) to recharge their batteries creates pollution; Perhaps we are arguing different evils?

    It's 6.5X times more emissions for a Gas Car compared to my Car.

    6.5X according to whom? The New Jersey Energy Consumption, who also claim to compare Jet Fuel to Coal to create electricity?
    gbz728ulj65s.jpg



    Well, the hydrogen car uses a different step than the current EV's, by using hydrogen to charge the battery. It does not "add a step". It bypasses coal to charge the battery. That is a fact. Where are all the EV owners railing to get hydrogen cars?



    The problem is obtaining the Hydrogen, Where will you get it?, Are you going to drive to CA to fill up?

    Even if they make the Hydrogen Stations, $2,000,000 each, How many will they need?, There are 150,000 Gas Station right now. Is that enough?, Will they sell the only Hydrogen?, Can they get by on just Hydrogen Sales?

    Who will pay for that?, Gov Subsidies?

    Again, you are changing the argument here. Do you want a cleaner fuel source and less emissions? Or do want convenience and financial ease? You have to decide.



    You don't have a hydrogen hookup because, there are no hydrogen cars. If hydrogen cars came out instead of the current coal sucking EV's, the emissions would be greatly reduced (by getting rid of the need for the use of coal). Why are you EV owners not demanding this?

    EV Owners fill up in their driveway. We LOVE this. We don't want to go to a Hydrogen Station. EV Owners are smart people, we Know HyDrogen is not as Efficient as a 100% Electric Car.

    That's why we don't want it. Where will the money come from to build the Stations?

    You still realize that EV owners as a 90%+ majority (other than New Jersey, which apparently use Jet Fuel) use Coal to recharge their batteries. To think otherwise is delusional.



    It's to expensive to get hydrogen to the masses because there is no demand for hydrogen (again) because there are no hydrogen cars. You are using circular logic here.

    EV Owners fill up in their driveway. We LOVE this. We don't want to go to a Hydrogen Station. EV Owners are smart people, we Know HyDrogen is not as Efficient as a 100% Electric Car.

    That's why we don't want it. Where will the money come from to build the Stations?


    It seems to me there is another agenda here to "dismiss" hydrogen. And, it ain't because "it's a waste of time".

    EV Owners fill up in their driveway. We LOVE this. We don't want to go to a Hydrogen Station. EV Owners are smart people, we Know Hydrogen is not as Efficient as a 100% Electric Car.

    That's why we don't want it. Where will the money come from to build the Stations?

    You are using circular logic here. Do I need to say more?

    You are taking convenience to environmental cleanliness, aren't you? If you want pure, cleanliness, perhaps you should demand the best, which is not coal (or Jet Fuel?) powered batteries found in EV's (for a vast majority of the power to feed batteries in EV's)).

    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

    "Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

    "Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,508
    lightman1 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    charley95 wrote: »
    I know a guy that has a 76 Cadillac with a 455 4 barrel in it if that means anything. Last I checked with him he was getting about 3 gallons to the mile.

    Cadillac never built a 455... they had a 500, but never a 455.

    Was it mint green with posi

    My cousin Vinny says so...

    It was two utes
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

    Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • charley95charley95 Posts: 528
    charley95 wrote: »
    I know a guy that has a 76 Cadillac with a 455 4 barrel in it if that means anything. Last I checked with him he was getting about 3 gallons to the mile.

    Cadillac never built a 455... they had a 500, but never a 455.

    Close enough. Technically I think it was a 472 c.i. they called a 500. I used to know all that stuff but, don't remember much anymore.
  • charley95charley95 Posts: 528
    Does anyone know if Chris Cuomo has chimed in on this thread yet?
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,362
    Lasareath wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    May the EV Gawd bless you...go preach somewhere else

    Thank You for your Blessing. As I said in the past I did not start this Thread. I'm just updating it because most people here are clueless when it comes to EVs.

    It's my Job to teach the public about EVs.

    I'm #UBUYGAS
    www.UBUYGAS.com

    Ok, it's your doodie to inform us, I get it now
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,408
    Lasareath wrote: »

    Fixed that for you.
    Lasareath wrote: »
    It's my Job to teach the public about EVs.
    Clearly you don't know your audience and i hope you aren't paid on commission.
    Lasareath wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Hahahah...everyone of you posts is a repeat you hypocrite.

    They have to be repeated sometimes when we get people like you who only read the last few posts.

    You really should start off where you left off last time so you don't post things other people have already.

    Hypocrite....again.
    There is no need to go back. Since you've returned, we have 4-5 pages of agenda pushing on your behalf, again. We will just sit back and wait, again, for you to have a conniption followed by having polk deleting your account...again.

    Four "agains" used for emphasis.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,152
    I have no idea if I ever replied back to this thread, but I wound up cancelling my Tesla preorder and got a refund on the deposit.

    My Honda Accord is coming up for 10 years old in Feb '18 and right now has about 170k miles on the ticker. I'd like to say my reasons were for a noble cause like not wanting to pollute the environment with having a new car made for me. Oh no, it's strictly for personal and financial reasons. I can afford a new car, but every month I don't have a car payment is another month more funds are invested for retirement.

    I work with people and in general, see people everyday tripping and falling over each other in an effort to outdo everyone for bragging rights on how much car they can buy. I remember this sort of thing happening with housing back in the 2000's. I find it...dumb. If you can afford it, fine, but why do some people feel they have to be in a new car every 2 years (Yes, I know people like this).

    The more I thought about this new Tesla, the more it didn't make sense for me. Why get rid of a paid off Accord that runs great and is still in great shape? Sorry, I'll just have to keep polluting the envrionment for a while longer, but hopefully my Solar Panels are offsetting it.
    No excuses!
  • shawn474shawn474 Posts: 2,687
    Sal, serious question......do you ever get tired of hearing yourself speak? The fact is your agenda, your arguing and your methods of “educating” has grown tired and stale. It took you all of three days for people to ramp up the level of disdain for your posts.....AGAIN. Take a hint, shut your mouth and stick to audio on the Polk forum. Then go educate others on all your various EV forums. We don’t want it or need it here anymore. Thanks for your understanding.
    Shawn
    Pre-Amp: Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH
    Amp: B&K AV5000 Series II
    Center Channel: Polk LSI C
    Front: Polk LSI 9's
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: Mirage Omni S10
    Television: Samsung LN46B640
    DVD Player: Sony BDP-S1000ES
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,850
    edited November 13
    Lasareath wrote: »
    It's my Job to teach the public about EVs.
    Superiority complex much?

    Who anointed you to save mankind?

    You've become another juju
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 496
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Holy freakin' poupe-carp! :o :D
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 496
    It's my job to laugh on internet forums.
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,152
    Please tell me those are photoshopped on to a photo of your car because I may have to join in with Viking64.
    No excuses!
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,889
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Please tell me those are photoshopped on to a photo of your car because I may have to join in with Viking64.

    I'm fairly certain they're actual magnet things he sticks onto the car. Oddly that's how cheap the steel must be because it's so magnetic...
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 496
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Please tell me those are photoshopped on to a photo of your car because I may have to join in with Viking64.

    Some of my electronics were made by the Pearl Harbor terrorists. :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • cmy330gocmy330go Posts: 2,265
    Lasareath wrote: »
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Sal, serious question......do you ever get tired of hearing yourself speak? The fact is your agenda, your arguing and your methods of “educating” has grown tired and stale. It took you all of three days for people to ramp up the level of disdain for your posts.....AGAIN. Take a hint, shut your mouth and stick to audio on the Polk forum. Then go educate others on all your various EV forums. We don’t want it or need it here anymore. Thanks for your understanding.

    You need to scroll though the posts. People are asking questions and I’m replying. I am not just talking to myself.

    I do get tired. That’s why I made signs to put on my car. So I don’t have to say the same things over and over.

    bn12kn0gjj9o.jpeg

    As a Tesla Owner, and Model 3 Reservation holder, I'd just like to say...
    giphy.gif
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

    2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,152
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Please tell me those are photoshopped on to a photo of your car because I may have to join in with Viking64.

    Some of my electronics were made by the Pearl Harbor terrorists. :p

    Reminds me of that scene in Superman 2 between Perry White and Clark Kent...

    Perry White - Terrorists have seized control of the Eiffel Tower and have a hydrogen bomb that they are threatening to blow up.

    Clark Kent - Gee Mr White, that that thats terrible.

    Perry White - Thats why they're called Terrorists Kent!



    In other words Viking64, your electronics are terrible. Wait a minute, that means my Accord is terrible. Thats it, placing a Tesla order right now!

    No excuses!
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 496
    I have NEVER played any Tesla in any of my terrible electronics. :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!