I have a couple of basic PC computers for cheap

Options
I have surplus parts to build a couple different basic dual core computers with 4GB memory, a video card, and a small 250-320GB hard drive and an optical drive. They will be loaded with Windows 7 or 10 and some software. I can optionally add a 128GB Samsung SSD for faster overall performance.

System 1:
Dell Inspiron 531 mini tower with Athlon X2 4850e 2.5Ghz CPU, 4GB of DDR2 memory, an Nvidia Geforce GT635 video card with hard drive (250GB or 320GB). $85 with Windows 7/10 installed. Add $30 for a Samsung 128GB SSD (main OS on SSD, 250/320GB for storage). Simple optical drive installed as well. This case comes with a front panel card reader. Price does not include shipping.

System 2:
Antec P150 quiet case with Intel Celeron E3300 2.5GHz (same as Core 2 Duo) 2.5Ghz, MSI G41 Motherboard, 4GB DDR2 memory, AMD Radeon HD5670 video card, and a 250/320GB hard drive. $100 with Windows 7/10 installed. Add $30 for Samsung 128GB SSD (main OS on SSD, 250/320GB for storage) Simple optical drive installed as well.

Either of these computers would be a decent build for someone who just needs to surf the internet, watch videos (they can both do 1080p without stutter)

Both have fairly low hours on them. The Intel system was my kids' computer for a few years and it mostly sat unused. The other was a friends computer that they gave to us when they upgraded. We used for about a year as one of our HTPCs. Both are stable and should last for quite some time, especially with the SSD.

PM with questions.
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    Bill, I'm interested in the Dell. Can you pm me with the shipping to 77494? I don't need any upgrades as I have an ssd that I'll pop into it. Valid codes for Windows 10 might be needed once I be the hard drive..
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,189
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Dave decided to pass on this. Both are still up for grabs.

I was thinking, I could also put the Intel system into an essentially new Aerocool DS Cube case. That is a bit smaller than the Antec P150 case. I'd have to charge a bit more though. If that is of interest, let me know.

Pics of the Aerocool case:
    It has two different tops. One vented (for additional cooling fans or radiators, not included) or a solid white one for quiet operation.

P3260388%20960x1280.jpg~original

P3260398%20960x1280.jpg~original
  • billbillw
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bump. Still have these available.

The Dell 531 system is actually up and ready to go with a 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD/250GB HDD/Nvidia 9500GT running Windows 10. Price with this configuration would be $110 plus shipping. I can also add a pretty decent amount of software to the package if needed. PM for details.

qbv8nb3r2th5.jpg
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,450
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Buy with confidence guys. I have one of Bill's earlier computers and it runs great.
    I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey folks. The two low budget systems originally mentioned are still available, but I am going to hold onto the Aerocool case for the time being and use it for another project.

Also, if you have an interest in one of these, please feel free to contact me, discuss specifics, send me offers. Although this is older hardware, it is still surprisingly capable, especially with an SSD installed. I used both of them as Home Theater PCs running Windows Media Center, playing XBMC/Kodi, etc.
  • billbillw
    Options
    Bump for some inexpensive computers.

The Dell 531 is ready to go as mentioned (128GB SSD w/250GB HDD/4GB RAM/9500GT). Windows 10 installed. Price lowered to $100+shipping.

Also, I can part out stuff to. If someone wanted to MSI G31 board/Intel E3300 (with stock cooler)/4GB memory combo, I could let that go for $40 shipped.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Hey Bill, the 9500GT happen to be an HDMI model?
    Looking for a cheap machine to run a pair of movie poster displays...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • billbillw
    Options
    I think the 9500GT has a pair of DVI outputs.

If it met your needs, I could put in the GT635/1GB, which has a single HDMI+DVI+VGA. It would be like $10 more.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I wish I had a reason for a 2nd computer...
    The SSD and License are worth your asking price.
    Got a AMD 939 board lying around? ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • billbillw
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I wish I had a reason for a 2nd computer...
    The SSD and License are worth your asking price.
    Got a AMD 939 board lying around? ;)

Nope, but I do have a socket 1155 and 1150. The 1150 is spoken for (in the Aerocool case).

I'm probably going to put the 1155 (i5-3570) in the Antec P150 case and keep it for awhile. Perhaps wait for a steal on a 2600k or other unlocked cpu.
  • billbillw
    edited May 2016
    Options
    OK. Here is an update. I now just have one basic cheap computer setup (Dell 531) and one fairly powerful computer to offer (see below).

I have sold some parts, decided to keep some others and had some problems with one setup that caused some headaches and a cancelled sale to a forum member (sorry Marco).
    The G31/Celeron and Aerocool case are no longer available.

The current offerings are this:

System 1
    (basic computing, good for web browsing, HD video playback, word processing)

Dell Inspiron 531 mini tower with Athlon X2 4850e 2.5Ghz CPU, 4GB of DDR2 memory, an Nvidia Geforce 9500GT video card (DVI+VGA output), Samsung 128GB SSD installed with Windows 10, an additional 160GB hard drive installed for storage. Comes with a DVD ROM/CD burner (only burns CD, but can read DVD). This case comes with a front panel card reader.

Price lowered to $90+shipping.

System 2
    (Quite powerful, good for gaming (with addition of a 3D card), video encoding, photo editing, etc)

Custom build Intel i5 mounted in Antec P150 quiet case. Fresh install of Windows 10+Microsoft Office 2007.

The system is built as follows:
    Intel Core i5-3570 CPU (quad core Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz with 3.8GHz Turbo)
    Zalman CNPS10x Optima quiet tower cooler
    MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3) motherboard (full ATX, SLI/Crossfire capable, PCIe3.0, SATA6.0, USB3.0, etc) Built in Intel HD graphics 2500 (good for general use, video playback, very light gaming) Main board has HDMI/DVI/VGA output.
    PNY XLR8 240GB SSD for main OS/Program install
    Seagate 320GB Hard Drive for storage
    Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB dual channel kit (DDR3-1600Mhz)
    Antec Trupower Trio 650w power supply.
    Antec Performance P150 quiet case (insulated, mid-tower quiet case)
    Sony/Optiarc DVDRW/CDRW drive.

I'm asking $300+shipping for this setup.

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How much total to ship system 2 to 38242??
    Can it be packed to withstand shipping?

@billbillw

Not crazy about Windows 10, any other options?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus