Anyone else using a Sony UDA-1?

Options
billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,189
edited March 2016 in Going Digital
I just added a Sony UDA-1 that I found cheap to my desktop rig. It is replacing an old Enetc (Monster) DAC and NAD integrated amp.

The UDA-1 is obviously less powerful in the amp department, but the small form factor has
me in love with it! Also, the DAC is light years ahead of the old Entec that I was using.

I downloaded and listened to some free DSD sample files last night. Pretty amazing difference! I don't see myself buying all of my music in that format (its pricey), but even with my CD ripped FLACs, there is a sound improvement.

Overall, happy so far with the change. If you're not familiar with the UDA-1, here is an article:
http://www.audiostream.com/content/sony-uda-1#41KaMg2sLGdBYhys.97

I'm not sure if Sony still makes it. They didn't sell well at the original $799 price, but they flew off the shelf when Woot had them for $199 last year! I got mine for even less with a small amount of cosmetic damage that can't be seen when in my desktop setup.
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,189
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm in a severe minority here :smiley:
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    It's a nice desk top solution, Sony has really been trying to get their foot back in the door of HI-fi and repairing their rep. Glad your digging it anyway, now if Sony can do something with their receivers they may peak more interest.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable