Engine high pitch noise coming through speakers

Options
I have a high pitch engine squeal noise on acceleration, it goes up and up with it.

Battery cable is located on left side of center console (drivers side) 16 gauge speaker wires are strung on right side, independent of each other. RCA's are independent as well, far right passenger side. Amps under passenger seat, moved it to see if it would go away, nothing. Grounds are very grounded, sanded well.

What gives?

Is it the antenna? Whats up doc.

Answers

• deucekazoo
    deucekazoo Posts: 146
    Options
    I had this issue a while back. I think its your RCA cables picking up you engine noise. The first question is what head unit are you using? I think some head units are more prone to this than others. I had a Pioneer one and had the same noise. I could not get rid of it. Then I found out that if I grabbed hold of the RCA cables where they connected to the radio RCA pigtails the noise would go down or disappear. I don't think the radio had those grounded correctly. My fix was to wrap that section with tape and foil with a wire lead that I ran to a ground bolt on the radio. After I did this the noise was gone. So try grabbing the connections and see if the noise disappears or changes in loudness. If it does, that is your problem area.
    Polk S10, S8, S4
    Polk RT8
    Polk Monitor 7s
    Working on getting SDAs
  • MMPolker
    MMPolker Posts: 17
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Kenwood DPX502BT.
    Also when I turn it down, the volume doesn't just go down. It spikes up a bit in volume for a milisecond then goes down. Crappy head unit?

What double din head units does anyone here suggest for better quality?
  • deucekazoo
    deucekazoo Posts: 146
    Options
    Kenwood makes good units but that does not mean you did not get a bad one. The volume thing should not be happening but it could be you. You might not notice that when you turn the knob down you actually move it up for that split second. Those things are touchy, especially if you are doing it when the car is moving. Did you figure out the engine noise yet?
    Polk S10, S8, S4
    Polk RT8
    Polk Monitor 7s
    Working on getting SDAs
  • Realistic
    Realistic Posts: 355
    Options
    Is the stereo chassis grounded? I think what your are hearing is the alternator, I would make sure the chassis has a good grounding point and if you are sure that it does they make a filter that you can install in between the power to the deck that will cure this problem.