Polk SDA 2 Issue

Options
pongshi
pongshi Posts: 376
edited March 2016 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I was going to buy a pair of Polk SDA 2 for a good price but ran into a snag. It seems that the dimension array was only working in one speaker. Do you know the probable cause of this might be?
Thanks
Living Room
Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
Parasound P5 preamp
Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    On my SDA 2A's I ran into this issue (a little while after I bought them). I pulled the passive and it just happened to be the wire going to the dimensional crossover came off. It was an easy fix to be sure but I did use pliers to tighten the little buggers up...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    On my SDA 2A's I ran into this issue (a little while after I bought them). I pulled the passive and it just happened to be the wire going to the dimensional crossover came off. It was an easy fix to be sure but I did use pliers to tighten the little buggers up...
    Thanks for your response, I suspect it might have been someting along those lines. I was tempted to ask him to let me take a look beneath the hood, but decided to simply pass. I learned my lesson long ago in buying stuff with intentions to fix it. Now, I don't buy or sell anything unless it is fully operational.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded