Batman v Superman

Options
2»

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    I am guessing that you have seen the new wonder woman movies to justify that claim? To my knowledge there are zero out to date. A press screening of the new batman v superman the other day.

I am curious so I ask.

I am guessing you haven't seen Batman vs Superman or you'd know that Wonder Woman is in it. I have seen it, thus justifying my claim.
    No excuses!
  • Strong Bad
    Options
    In terms of which actress based on looks, Linda all the way.

In terms of which version of Wonder Woman, the new version all the way!
    No excuses!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    going to see it this morning, all the bad press initially scared me off but the reviews are SO overwhelmingly bad that I actually want to see it now.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    going to see it this morning, all the bad press initially scared me off but the reviews are SO overwhelmingly bad that I actually want to see it now.

I was also put off by the bad reviews and went to it yesterday expecting to be disappointed. But my wife and I both enjoyed it. Yeah, it's got flaws but overall, I thought it was pretty good.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Dark doesn't bother me. And Snyder seems to "think" he's got the market on it, lol. I believe the problem, if there is any, and I have not seen it yet so I cannot comment with confidence, is the amount of TIME he TOOK to bring this OUT! To take that time and not deliver a 100 percent blockbuster that almost "everyone" can salute is not a good idea! But that does not mean that I won't like the film-I just find Snyder a bit "full" of himself (by no means a unique problem as I encounter far too many individuals of this variety, it's like they always want to be appreciated, fawned over, and celebrated and act so as to remind everyone "who" they are). I think that it is important to remember that there was a time when regardless of WHO you ARE today, you were nothing before that.

I do think, though, that the jury is still out, so I'm giving Zachy the benefit of the doubt because I'm a fan, not of him, but of the characters. Oh, and +1 for Linda Carter.

What I'm hearing from Strong Bad is that Gal G. is like a ninja version of WW! Am I right-no girth or Brunhilda-like muscle necessary?
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Strong Bad
    Options
    Snyder utilized some of the most well regarded comic series for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in doing their characters for this along with storylines. The Frank Miller "Dark Knight" series of comics is probably the defining series for Batman. He's also using some fairly recent stuff for Wonder Woman in shaping her character in this and what is to come in her stand alone movie. She's essentially a demigod and the greatest amazonian warrior. For Supes, i'll refrain from mentioning the comic series he used due to spoilers.

Yeah, I'm a comic nerd! Don't hate! B)
    No excuses!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    I saw it this morning and loved it, not sure what all the negative press is about.

When I go see a Snyder film I expect to see a movie with a certain visual appeal and understand that I'm probably not going to get a objectively 'great' movie with true to life effects and method actors. The man knows what people expect out of his movies and attempts to deliver that, the day that I see a Snyder film get nominated for an Oscar alongside movies like The Artist and Boyhood is when we'll know he's betrayed his audience.

All that said, I'm of mixed opinion on his work. I liked the first 300 and Watchment well enough along with the last two superman movies, but other stuff he's made like the second 300 and Sucker Punch is pure trash IMO.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I want to go see this today.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    Watched it yesterday night. I don't know why critics are giving it a bad review, but the movie is awesome. I really liked the flow of the movie.
    My only complain is, what the hell happened to Lex. He/director is trying too hard to make him like the Joker. Probably next iteration (if there is) will be different. But that is not the Lex Luthor I imagined.
    And wonder woman is awesome. Now I am waiting for the solo wonder woman movie.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    One of the local tv station film critic said the fight scene is incredible.
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Options
    It was enjoyable. I didn't like it as much as Batman Begins or Superman, but also, no Christopher Nolan involvement. Affleck was a pretty good Batman. Superman seemed stiff and one dimensional. The best hero was probably Wonder Woman.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I finally got to see it. MAN O MAN what a RIDE!!!!
    Everything negative said about this movie to makes no sense. I saw nothing negative about this film anywhere.
    Wonder Women was simply amazing. They didn't really give much about her back story but the movie would have been even longer. The Flash was cool doing what he does with Time Travel, Aquaman was a good actor but they should of died his hair Blonde.
    Now Batman? WOW what a killer performance by Ben, he nailed it right out of the part. He looked huge and dark, he played both roles better well way better then I expected. I had my doubt's if he could pull this roll off but man did he nail it.
    I'm so impressed.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Received the BD today and will watch later... Curious to see
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    I finally got to see it. MAN O MAN what a RIDE!!!!
    Everything negative said about this movie to makes no sense. I saw nothing negative about this film anywhere.
    Wonder Women was simply amazing. They didn't really give much about her back story but the movie would have been even longer. The Flash was cool doing what he does with Time Travel, Aquaman was a good actor but they should of died his hair Blonde.
    Now Batman? WOW what a killer performance by Ben, he nailed it right out of the part. He looked huge and dark, he played both roles better well way better then I expected. I had my doubt's if he could pull this roll off but man did he nail it.
    I'm so impressed.

Yeah Affleck nailed it. Guy fit the role to a T.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Watched it on the plane to Hawaii, 4 rob Roy's and I was out, I'll catch it again...
    50th wedding anniversary!! She let me live, I'm alive I'm alive..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    I thought it was good overall, a bit too long though. Ben Affleck did pull it off more or less, but playing a Superhero is not his forte. Watch Daredevil, and you'll understand. The fight scenes are painful to watch.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I didn't care too much for it either. They gave Batman more strength than he normally has, and Wonder woman more powers than she normally has. Kill The big guy in the end. Your right too, WW should be taller. Made Superman look dark too. I don't know what it is about DC, they simply can't make a decent Super hero movie.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Options
    Nerdwriter had a great post about why DC just can't get it together: https://youtu.be/38Cy_Qlh7VM

A buddy of mine who went to a bunch of the panels at ComiCon thinks it is because they have an inferiority complex with Marvel that forces them to try so hard that they muff everything up....
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Options
    I'm normally not much of a critic. I like all types of movies, good and bad, stupid and serious. I see movies get dissected on this forum and critic reviews that I just loved. So when I saw the critic reviews I was a little disappointed, but still wanted to see it. Then when I read the reviews on here saying the critics were all wrong, it made me want to see it more.

And then I saw it.

Boy was I disappointed. Ben Affleck did as I expected as Batman...mediocre. Could have been worse, could have been better. Lex was a joke. The best, worst part of the movie was the Batman v. Superman fight scene.

Batman - "I'm going to kill you."
    Superman - "Save Martha!"
    B - "Did we just become best friends?!"
    S - "Yup!"
    B - "Do you want to do karate in the garage?"
    S - "Yup!"

Wonder Woman was a joke. The whole movie was kind of a disappointment. Some of the fight scenes were realllllly bad. Like when Ben Affleck was fighting out of a truck (I don't really remember the scene, but it might've been a dream or something?). I couldn't believe how bad it was. How that got to the big screen is beyond me. It's like the director didn't even care how bad it was.

I'd watch it for the entertainment value, but the movie was very mediocre. RedBox for a couple bucks is about all it's worth.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    You all take it much too seriously, I don't expect it to be realistic, I just go to be entertained for a couple of hours, and that's what it did for me.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2