Aura Bass Shakers install

Options
My HT room is small, 9'x16' with a variable height ceiling. 7.1 surround with a 15" Tempest in a ported box tuned to 17Hz. Been running this for years. Decided last week to add two bass shakers and a 70w amp to the two front captains chairs...umm, Awesome! These added that depth and feel to my chairs that the sub just could not do. I'm gonna order two more for the back deck and see how that improves the movie experience, should be just as awesome.

Anyone else use these?
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

Comments

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,170
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes, I enjoyed the look on the faces of those that didn't expect the couch to start shaking.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    I've got a Buttkicker myself and am very happy with it.

I had it in the couch but my wife HATES IT... So I moved it to my chair and it works good.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

I had it in the couch but my wife HATES IT... So I moved it to my chair and it works good.

Thought it would be the other way around ;) ...different strokes for different folks
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Thought it would be the other way around ;) ...different strokes for different folks

Lol.... I've been tempted to get them for my bedroom setup.... To compensate for the soundbar.... :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)