Motorcycle Riders...

Do you have spring fever as bad as I do??

I was fortunate to have purchased the first brand new bike of my life last year. The new Harley-Davidson Low Rider is a great bike for me and my riding style. Its relatively light frame and 103 engine equals many grins per mile for the Rickster. Just like it's owner, this bike is a Hot Rod. :) Naturally, it didn't take but a few months for me to invest another $2500 or so to make it better looking, more comfortable, and faster..

Here's a few photos of my bad **s bike. Show me yours... B)

bkg0fzcdcq2a.jpg

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

Best Answers

• boston1450boston1450 Posts: 5,848
    edited February 2016 Accepted Answer
    My 1450 bike has been through snow-sleet-rain storms & last year i had to remove seat 5 times to charge the battery :) time to buy battery i guess. The Mrs's wants to go look at a new trike at the Harley shop. Getting old has its advantages. Pics of Rebecca at Boothbay Harbor then & Lands End Baileys Island a couple years ago. She has 19+ years of riding. My little shadow. hbw9ypkldfxu.jpeg
    i2io03by5u5q.jpeg
    qtgv81k2atj3.jpeg
    nhkmcke16wi2.png
    Randy - Maine
    CRS+ TL'd 198 tweets
    RTA15 TL'd198 tweets
    All TL upgrades thanks to WMG
    Cs1000p - MIT speaker cables
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 582
    Accepted Answer
    9qslqbhx90wk.jpg

Nice looking ride Rick88. Here's a couple pics of mine. It's a 2004 Kawasaki 2000cc Vulcan that I bought brand new in 05. My 4th and probably last brand new bike. Mustang seat, V+H pipes, aftermarket aircleaner+performance chip, taller rear sprocket, switchblade windshield+lowers, crashbar and saddlebags are a few mods I can remember off the top of my head. I keep thinking about selling it cuz it's so damn big and heavy. But I take it out for a ride and those thoughts quickly disappear.
    jywfwtk5wi3e.jpg
    1jvgbpexn1hg.jpg
  • gcegce Posts: 2,061
    Accepted Answer
    I bought this Road Star in 2001. It had bags, full windshield and big ass fenders front and back. Turned 100K on her and decided to cut up a perfectly good bike. This is what came of it.
    i0cwp6qayfys.jpg
    So then I needed a daily rider. So I picked this up, FJ-09. Luckily I can ride every day. I feel for you guys that have to wait till Spring!
    c1dnu8jggiov.jpg

Answers

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,611
    3km1a77uvgm8.jpg

6do6xq1d7k0v.jpg

r6sloic6k8fi.jpg

• mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,333
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Do you have spring fever as bad as I do??

I was fortunate to have purchased the first brand new bike of my life last year. The new Harley-Davidson Low Rider is a great bike for me and my riding style. Its relatively light frame and 103 engine equals many grins per mile for the Rickster. Just like it's owner, this bike is a Hot Rod. :) Naturally, it didn't take but a few months for me to invest another $2500 or so to make it better looking, more comfortable, and faster..

Here's a few photos of my bad **s bike. Show me yours... B)

bkg0fzcdcq2a.jpg

Sweet! Not a rider but have spring fever for my garage queen... tf12u7irs1xl.png
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP03, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii , Eastern Electric minimax phono pre, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries mini, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

First 2 pics have the custom Mustang seat, and the second 2 have the stock seat. I am a big fan of Mustang's seats!

Why does Vanilla do that BS
    Randy - Maine
    CRS+ TL'd 198 tweets
    RTA15 TL'd198 tweets
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,358
    Man, is that your garage ? With a throw rug ? I want one...lol.

Nice bike bro, power, comfort and that classic look. Judging by the bones on the back, it's been awhile since you took her out for a ride. :)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    r6sloic6k8fi.jpg
    Love the looks of that air filter cover. Nice
    Randy - Maine
    CRS+ TL'd 198 tweets
    RTA15 TL'd198 tweets
  • This is an old photo, circa 1980 on my 1978 Triumph 750 Bonneville that I bought new. On the way back from the Indy 500. Notice the Schlitz beer....lol. Crappy picture, but like me it is old.

6240jklpzg03.jpg

Main System: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Wire: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
  • Nice bikes guys, I hope to back into it once I retire in 4 years.

Main System: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Wire: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
    ^^^^ nice bike sir. I loved it when the gas prices went sky high & youd see the old Honda's & Kawi's come out of barns. Pure beauty. Love the old bikes from back in the day
    Randy - Maine
    CRS+ TL'd 198 tweets
    RTA15 TL'd198 tweets
    boston1450 wrote: »
    r6sloic6k8fi.jpg
    Love the looks of that air filter cover. Nice

Thanks! It's a Roland Sands Design. It, along with the Vance & Hines Pro Pipe 2 into 1 pipe and the V&H Fuelpack, have turned an already very strong running bike into a monster... :D

https://www.denniskirk.com/roland-sands-design/chrome-turbine-air-cleaner-0206-2037-ch.p185317.prd/185317.sku

Great bikes guys, keep 'em coming!! B)

vmib3u826lfj.jpg

This is an old photo, circa 1980 on my 1978 Triumph 750 Bonneville that I bought new. On the way back from the Indy 500. Notice the Schlitz beer....lol. Crappy picture, but like me it is old.

6240jklpzg03.jpg

When I woke up today and first saw your photo, I thought you were riding the bike with no hands/beer in one hand/helmet on handlebars. :o

After 2 cups of coffee and looking at it again, I see that you were parked. lol... :p

Here is the last photo I took of my 2004 Sportster 1200 Custom. It is the new owner (he bought it for his wife) riding away on it last August. I put a lot of time, money, and love into that bike. I put 28,000 miles on it in the 3 years I had it. I have many great memories (and a million photos) of the Sporty. It took me through the Catskill Mountains of New York on my way to the sacred grounds of the 1969 Woodstock Festival on 2 occasions... B)

gnjw3d30p0s2.jpg

wbfme4javt77.jpg

axyhdj4hw5y6.jpg

k868hqfy6qo9.jpg

qibb7rmpvw07.jpg

5jkbh5bg3xu6.jpg

What it looked like when I first got it.

f3k01gao8lk0.jpg

• The first Street bike I ever owned. 1999 CBR 900RR. I was racing ATV's at the time and had a race modified 2001 Yamaha Raptor that I traded for this bike. This isn't my photo though, although mine was identical.
    o4mgmiu1lbul.jpg

My favorite bike I ever owned. I purchased it new back in 2006...My wife talked me into selling it a few years later, to help with the down payment of our home. I still miss it :'(
    ythvxbsybi6s.jpg

She bought me this one (03 955 Speed Triple) used a coupe of years later. It was a really fun and more practical bike, but couldn't replace that 06 R6 Raven.elime0dxinbz.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • quickr1quickr1 Posts: 352
    fu0bod7qit3w.jpeg
    This is my last bike. Sold in 2012. Still miss it sometimes.
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,662
    edited February 2016
    Gorgeous!! @quickr1 Is that a 2006? I loved the all black with red wheel stripes, "Raven" models.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • quickr1quickr1 Posts: 352
    Thank you. Yeah. You're exactly right. 2006. I really liked that bike. Bought new and added all the extras. Unfortunately it just hurt my wrist too much to keep it. Yours was really nice also.
    yfa6pzi4r0tj.jpg