It's snowing out and I thought of biwiring

Options
Willow
Willow Posts: 10,878
I own AQ indigo cables and thought of biwiring. I have what appears to be 4 strands of each. Does it matter which two I use of the -/+ for HF and which two for LF? Or do I just pick any two pop on some spades and away I go?

Thanks

Comments

• polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello Willow,
    I maybe don't understand your question, I bi-wire my speakers cuz each speaker wire consist of 2-12 awg twisted and solder together making one 9 awg wire this is connected via banana plug to the red + and another to black - on the amp side.
    On the speaker side and this is what I think your asking does it matter where you wire it LF or HF? I've read that if you change it up it sounds better!! I've tried it both ways and I couldn't hear much or any difference which don't mean much as we all hear things differently. Also the power is still coming from the same channel so maybe that why and I had good wire jumper before as well.

Cheers
  • Willow
    Options
    Right now I'm using xlo jumpers but have been thinking of biwiring. Except I have 5 black and 5 red wires so how to split them, 3 to bass and 2 to treble?
    p8u1sf5vycdz.jpg
  • polk500
    Options
    That's what I would do. And for what it worth the reason I when with bi-wiring is like you the wiring is already in place and it eliminated the jumpers...

Cheers
  • Willow
    Options
    Might give that a try if we're snowed in again tomorrow
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Right now I'm using xlo jumpers but have been thinking of biwiring. Except I have 5 black and 5 red wires so how to split them, 3 to bass and 2 to treble?

You would need another run of speaker cable to bi-wire.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

You would need another run of speaker cable to bi-wire.

So there is no splitting what I have. That's what was stumping me. Kept reading stuff on the AQ website and couldn't make sense of it.

Thanks

• F1nut
    Options
    There's no point in splitting what you have, it wouldn't be bi-wiring.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polk500
    Options
    I wonder why that is, you would think that the leads seeing how they all come from the same point either negative or positive would carry the same current would be perfect for bi-wiring.

Is it because of the way they are designed?

Cheers
  • F1nut
    Options
    All he would be doing is reducing the wire gauge by splitting the wires resulting in less bass. Now, if he used a second run the wire gauge stays the same top and bottom.

President of Club Polk

• polk500
    Options
    Makes sense.

Cheers
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    All he would be doing is reducing the wire gauge by splitting the wires resulting in less bass. Now, if he used a second run the wire gauge stays the same top and bottom.

That sums it up in a nut shell.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's