Burnout Paradise, who still plays?

Yeah! Who still plays this classic crashfest driving game? I've got it on multiple platforms...guess if a game is fairly good it stands the test of time. Still selling on Steam and Origin for an average of $20 which means it's not going anywhere soon...anyone wanna freeburn? PC, 360 or PS3? :)
Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#

Comments

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,224
    Burnout Revenge was a college staple for me. Haven't played any other iterations of the series.
    You sound like enders with his affinity for Halo..... :p
    Hybrid - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,534
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Burnout Revenge was a college staple for me. Haven't played any other iterations of the series.
    You sound like enders with his affinity for Halo..... :p

I've got that on the 360 too, fun fun fun! Just went out today and picked up a XBox One Controller with Play and Charge kit to use with my gaming PC...I also use a 360 wired controller with another system, something about a game console controller that just works nice for some odd reason.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

• polkfarmboypolkfarmboy Posts: 5,721
    If this is the game where upon crashing into or slamming an oponent off the track sent a picture of the guys face.,.. I loved it! I used to do all kinds of crazy stuff when I got run of the track.
    If this is the game where upon crashing into or slamming an oponent off the track sent a picture of the guys face.,.. I loved it! I used to do all kinds of crazy stuff when I got run of the track.

Reminds me of this one kid who decided to take me out a couple of times when I was Freeburning online...was driving the Hunter Calvary for kicks...he takes me out twice...the second time I was heading to the Junkyard to grab my Nighthawk GT...once I was in that car...and a couple of dozen takedowns of him and the silly look on his face with each photo that got sent my way lol...was hilarious to see the facial expressions near the end of my road raging :)

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,331
    One of my favorites. Total aggression release after a day of sitting in traffic. There have been times I would imagine the damage a 22k lb bucket truck would do. Bang! Bounce a Corolla off a guard rail! Good times.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    One of my favorites. Total aggression release after a day of sitting in traffic. There have been times I would imagine the damage a 22k lb bucket truck would do. Bang! Bounce a Corolla off a guard rail! Good times.

Got that right there man! Nothing like firing up the old classic and simply starting a Road Rage event and go into brutal takedown mode!

• Polkie2009Polkie2009 Posts: 3,836
    Wow, this looks like a fun game! Wish it was available for couch co-op split screen. Unfortunately, nowadays game makers make fewer games like this.
    Uhm....WHOOHOO!!!!!

Burnout Paradise is FINALLY backwards compatible on the XBox One...anyone wanna buy a 360? :)

7mres4uyqu2s.jpeg

• nbrowser wrote: »
    Uhm....WHOOHOO!!!!!

Burnout Paradise is FINALLY backwards compatible on the XBox One...anyone wanna buy a 360? :)

7mres4uyqu2s.jpeg

I used to just do the crash mode...that shizz was gold! Too bad im a PS4 guy or else I would add you!
    Living room

Mains: SDA 2B Studio
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved

2 Channel/Bedroom

Polk TSI 200
    Power: Yamaha Av34
    CDP: Technics SL-PD688
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL
    Bravo V2 12AU7

Closet of Dreams:

Marantz PM235
    Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,912
    2451883-0628925684-waiti.jpg
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
    edited November 2016
    Nightfall, I guess that's why I went with a XBox One to upgrade the 360...but haven't yet gone for a PS4, just nothing appeals to me on that platform. Honestly the best driving games so far to my liking out lately have contained the Forza name somewhere...and only available on XBox.

• What do you prefer to use as a controller for PS3 & 360 driving games? Suggestions?
    Anthem MRX 510
    XBOX 360
    WD Live Media Streamer
    Totem Model 1 Signature L/R/C
    Totem Rainmaker surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD

Go Dolphins!
    B)
    edited December 2016
    What do you prefer to use as a controller for PS3 & 360 driving games? Suggestions?

I first played the game on a PC with the keyboard (not optimal of course). Then I got a 360 controller for Windows and it was actually quite good. Then I got a PS3 and figured why not so I bought the game for that platform, the smaller PS3 controller really didn't feel like it had the heft of the 360, I then got a 360 console and picked up the disc for that platform, better play and Big Surf on the 360 WITH the 360 controller...I was in heaven. Now that the game is backwards compatible on the XBox One, the One controller just surpasses the 360 in feel and accuracy in my opinion.

Granted I do have larger hands with longer fingers...the PS3 controller just feels small and light to me.