Speaker Cables for Emerald Physics CS2's

Options
Just wondering if there are any thoughts on this question? I like it a little more on the warm side and would hate to get something that would make these more anylitical. I haven't spent a lot of time with them unfortunately but they do put out a ton of detail. They are much more revealing than either pair of Maggie's that I've owned. Would like to stay south of $300 used. I'm leaning towards MIT AVT1's.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Cardas cables should do well if you are looking for warm. They are the warmest cables I've tried.

Might agree to an extent but with a budget of 300 bucks for speaker cables in the Cardas line up, your not getting that warm detailed, non fatiguing sound in their entry level stuff.

How much length do ya need Daboyz ? In your price range, maybe look at some Kimber cables, 8tc....used. Reality cables....Analysis plus 12's, just off the top of my head.

Great price for some 8ft'ers here....80 bucks

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649255011-analysis-plus-oval-12-speaker-cable-8-foot-spades/
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Clayton Shaw (designed the Emerald's ) just emailed me back and says he prefers the AntiCables. 8 footers are plenty.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I've had anti cables before, the original version not the later literations. I thought Home depot cable was better....seriously. Maybe the later versions have improved some I would hope but if your looking for warmth or to tame that high end a bit, I don't think anticables is your answer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable