TriangleArt Reference SE prototype in the house!

1235»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Looks outstanding John. That's one heck of a pair of shoes Noosh is gonna counter with.

Only John would buy a TT able to withstand a California earthquake. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Been more than a month one since I set it up, so as felt a short review was in order. The table is exceeding everything I imagined it could be. By far the best sounding table I have ever heard, and the setup of everything from the table itself to the Tonearm and cartridge went off without ever breaking a sweat.

What this table excels at is making my record collection sound like a collection of poo. If it is not clean, and by that I meant flawless in every regard, it sounds like garbage. There is zero tolerance for substandard recordings, and dirty lp's. This has led me to question the need for striving for that last minute detail from a recording in the first place.

Then I put on that gem of a record that meets the strictest definition of perfection and I am rewarded, instantly drawn into the studio as a guest of the artist. That sanctum of creativity is opened up in such a way that you become one with the music. This table does this better than David Coperfield makes jets disappear. The rich tapestry this table paints is layered with so much detail, liquid mids and tight, punchy bass that it is entirely possible to feel yourself drifting into a hypnotic state as the music floats all round you.

The weakness this table has zero to do with the arm or the table. My cartridge is so hopelessly outclassed to the other pieces in the mix, and it shows all its weakness with aplomb. I am seeking advise on where to look for something much more in keeping with its potential....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    I am using the Ortofon Cadenza Bronze on my OL Illustrious Mk3c arm and it is amazing. The replicant100 stylus is actually is very quiet in the groove once it was properly set up and allows me to enjoy a lot of albums that previously were a little irritating.
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Although I am not quite ready for a class A TT, I'm still green with envy

Your patience will reward

Good post Dr R,
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Congrats John, there is nothing quite like finding your Vinyl Nirvana! I'm sure this table has taken your rig to a whole new level!
  • nooshinjohn
    An update to this thread... today I sent the table out to a shop that does ultra high-end work for cars that have wine Pebble Beach and other prestigious councour de elegance to be nickel plated from top to bottom. Turns out because of work connections it will be cheaper to get the table done in Nickel than painted. This will bring the TriangleArt to life and to a finish level befitting its performance.

On that front, I have not listened to a cd in months. I have gotten ears on s a couple of other SACD players and while a touch better than my Pioneer D9 MkII, not comes close to this turntable. A properly cleaned record plays as silent as those silver discs, but lack the passion of the LP. Completely satisfied with this turntable on every level.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    If you decide to step away from the Pioneer D9 reach out and give me a crack at it.
  • Looks good, I'll take two! B)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 365
    edited May 2017
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nice John, but that coin could have been better spent on a custom paint job for juniors 12 volt electric Jaguar XK8. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    W/E john, we know you sent it out to get the full blown Paw Patrol treatment so you can tell your wife any more LP upgrades are for you and Jayden (hope I spelled that right) lol.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    TForan wrote: »

Not any more, I forgot to pull the ad. If I do decide to relist at some point, the new finish should improve the value significantly.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Well, a little over 7 and a half years later?

The Eagle has landed again. She's out in the shop sitting in a rather large and very heavy crate John built. All the way across the country this TT went, from the West coast to the East Coast!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Pictures? Review?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Oh, it's still in the crate. Probably will be until the room is built (and a stand for it). Plus, it will need a tonearm/cart so it will be a while for any review. Like, quite a while.

I might open the crate up and build it just to see what the physical size is before making said stand for it. Right now, I am trying to figure out what kind of stand I want to build. Lots of options running through my head....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Awesome, please send pics of the crate with a review of build quality! 😍😊😍😊😍🚀🚀🚀
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.