TriangleArt Reference SE prototype in the house!

After much soul searching and having both arms tied behind my back until I screamed UNCLE!!!!, I bit the bullet and brought the 300 pound beast home.... More to follow as I work some magic on it and bring her to life, but for now, a few pictures will do. Many thanks and deep gratitude goes out to those that let go of my arms before they snapped.29lv1r53uqtw.jpg
8w9ok6neiebx.jpg
qv7wajvzx5cz.jpg
j8svqazbbzt9.jpg
2uzlly7agxl1.jpg
dz2h7m0hhed0.jpg
i6cmzn5jl3m6.jpg
1pfyls2l8g0d.jpg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited February 2016
    **Meh** :)

JK*** :) Awesome
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited February 2016
    Thanks TX. I can't wait to find a Tonearm and get the cosmetics up to snuff. Finally moving on from my tried and true Yamaha PX3.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    Thanks TX. I can't wait to find a Tonearm and get the cosmetics up to snuff. Finally moving on from my tried and true Yamaha PX3.

I know you have had fun with the Yamaha, but those 2 TT's should never be compared
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited February 2016
    I sense another Karma :blush: ... Jk.

It actually is one of the coolest turntables I've seen in person.

I have fond memories of that meet in Lafayette! Hear my first Maggie's, Carver Silver 9ts, SDAs, NAD amp and found my LSi 15 speakers!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    I have fond memories of that meet in Lafayette! Hear my first Maggie's, Carver Silver 9ts, SDAs, NAD amp and found my LSi 15 speakers!

See this is exactly why when someone calls out a gathering, you guys need to hop on the wagon. Serious fun get to see great stuff and people.

• nooshinjohn
    Anybody have an area as to what tone arms I should be looking for for this one?

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Anybody have an area as to what tone arms I should be looking for for this one?

Something from the future, as that bad boy looks like it came off the Starship Enterprise. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Even a non-vinyl guy like me can appreciate a work of art like that. Congrats!

I see an Adona rack in your future.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    I have never heard a table at this level Jesse, but the word is blacker background than sacd and far more revealing. I don't know if I need the 10k arm and cartridge to get there however

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Blacker? I don't know how that would be possible given the inherent surface noise of vinyl.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    I dont know either Jesse, all I can go by is what I have been told. It has to do with mass I guess, and with all the mass this table has, it is impervious to anything but an earthquake.

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I sense another Karma :blush: ... Jk.

It actually is one of the coolest turntables I've seen in person.

That was a fun day. A CD player followed me home that day. LOL.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    #BlackerBackgroundsMatter

:wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633

Very nice turntable, John. I am sure you will have it up and running in no time.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Wow, very nice.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • txcoastal1
    indyhawg wrote: »

Very nice turntable, John. I am sure you will have it up and running in no time.

IDK about that he's got quite the decision right now about the the tonearm

v57eqyn8jejz.gif

• nooshinjohn
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    indyhawg wrote: »

IDK about that he's got quite the decision right now about the the tonearm

v57eqyn8jejz.gif

No kidding... was hoping someone would offer up some ideas on that front.

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited February 2016
    Nice upgrade!

Did you still want to stay linear? A couple of budget air bearing linear arms that punch way, way above their price point are the Advanced Analog MG-1

http://adanalog.com/index.php?Itemid=30&id=27&option=com_content&task=view

and the Trans-Fi Terminator.

http://www.trans-fi.com/terminatortonearm.htm

Yes, crude looking compared to high dollar Rockports and the like, but you need some deep pockets for them beautifully sculpted high dollar arms. They arms linked above don't need much of an air compressor. I mounted mine in the basement and ran a line through pushlock connector in wall. Very professional looking and wife friendly.

Pivoted, Graham, Moerch...

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • nooshinjohn
    Thanks Scomp... Looking at ClearAudio for linear tracking, but will likely lean to pivot for now. I am looking at a few on fleabay, but have much learning to do.

• SCompRacer
    edited February 2016
    The table is certainly worthy of a great arm, but I also know sometimes we can't swing it all at one time.

Some other pivoted arms that punch above their cost are audiomods, Rega arms on steroids. diy or buy complete arms.

http://www.audiomods.co.uk/

s5-4-500.jpg

And Origin Live. They have quite a few entry to higher level arms.

http://www.originlive.com/

Tonearm-Encounter-Back.png

One of them would get you by while Frank builds you one..

http://www.soundscapehifi.com/schroder.htm

reference.gif

I've had good luck buying used arms on Audiogon. Used can get you higher up the food chain. I really miss the 12" Moerch DP6. The kewl thing about Moerch was you could buy a tonearm for any cartridge compliance made. Remove one thumb screw and you can mount a different arm/cartridge.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    The table is certainly worthy of a great arm, but I also know sometimes we can't swing it all at one time.

CommentPhotos.com_1407346387.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    I agree with Jesse. Even a non-LP-owning wutchamacallit like myself can truly appreciate a work of art like that. I hope to one day get a chance to really hear a TT like that do its thing through a sweet system. B) Life may never be the same again.
  • SCompRacer
    Nightfall wrote: »

CommentPhotos.com_1407346387.jpg

LOL I totally missed that!
  • nooshinjohn
    Thanks SComp...

Looking at this one...
    http://www.originlive.com/tonearm-conqueror.html
    q85whvy5k641.jpg

• SCompRacer
    edited February 2016
    That's a great choice, and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

If you are looking for a good dealer that handles the line, contact Jay at Audio Revelation. Either through Audiogon..

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tonearms-origin-live-conqueror-mk3c-top-reference-performance-at-half-the-price-just-a-tiny-2016-01-18-analog-92010-carlsbad-ca

or his web site.

http://audiorevelation.com/

I've purchased quite a few things through him at reasonable prices. Turntable, arms, cartridge, Nottingham speed controller. Very knowledgeable and friendly fellow.
  • SCompRacer
    edited February 2016
    You'll have to see what armboards they supply, or make your own. At first I thought the armboard base was articulated. That is 'swing' it until you arrive at the specified center of spindle to center of arm pivot distance for the arm you are using, then tighten it. That dimension needs to be spot on for correct overhang and cartridge alignment.

Origin Live 9" arms would be 222mm, while the 12" is 295.6mm. Make armboards or bases out of a hardwood or aluminum.
  • nooshinjohn
    You'll have to see what armboards they supply, or make your own. At first I thought the armboard base was articulated. That is 'swing' it until you arrive at the specified center of spindle to center of arm pivot distance for the arm you are using, then tighten it. That dimension needs to be spot on for correct overhang and cartridge alignment.

Origin Live 9" arms would be 222mm, while the 12" is 295.6mm. Make armboards or bases out of a hardwood or aluminum.

With the PX3, all of the above was never a problem. This table is teaching me all kinds of things I never knew about audio. B)

• SCompRacer
    edited February 2016

With the PX3, all of the above was never a problem. This table is teaching me all kinds of things I never knew about audio. B)

The table you have is well worth the learnin!

As I went through different tables and arms, I eventually invested in a first design Feickert protractor. It made setting/marking center to center easier than eyeballing dimensions through a clear ruler. Armboards are at a different height than platter so eyeballing can net you some errors.

But for a one time thing, you can make a precise c to c tool rather than buy one. And now you have a one time table.

feickert.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    PM sent @Scomp...

• nooshinjohn
    I believe I have struck a deal for this arm...
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tonearms-origin-live-mk3c-conqueror-2016-02-03-analog-92024-encinitas-ca

It is well reviewed and seems like a good fit performance-wise. I don't see myself having the budget to have multiple arms around to experiment with so I am putting all my eggs in one basket on this one.