MIT speaker cable ?

boston1450
boston1450 Posts: 7,451
Wondering if anyone here has/had some MIT terminator 3 speaker cables & what they thought ? Im going to use them on a solid state amplifier to B&W cdm1se. I have no MIT cable experience except 2 sets of AVT3's i got now. I did some read up on them. Im using bare wire now w/banana pins & figured these should be a step up
Randy/Maine

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I had MIT 4 and were meh... I thought the avt 3's were much better, I've had 2 of them.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Ihad the Termitator 3's around the turn of the century. I upgraded to the 2's and then it just fueled my MIT fever. Great entry level high end cables.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    The shotgun series is where ya want to be in MIT cables.....or higher.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • slbenz
    slbenz Posts: 97
    I think I can help. I used to own a set of MIT Terminator 3 biwired for my B&W CDM7SE tower speakers powered by a Parasound HCA-1205A 5-channel amp. They seem to veil the sound a bit and when I went with a single run of MapleShade Double Helix, single run, the B&Ws were able to open up and sound closer to live. I would look elsewhere.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,784
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone here has/had some MIT terminator 3 speaker cables & what they thought ? Im going to use them on a solid state amplifier to B&W cdm1se. I have no MIT cable experience except 2 sets of AVT3's i got now. I did some read up on them. Im using bare wire now w/banana pins & figured these should be a step up

I'm not clear, do you have AVt3 speaker cables or IC's? If you have the IC's I'd suggest getting AVt series speaker cables.

Of the older Terminator series the T2 was the best and quite a step up from the T3.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    F1 I have the AVt3 speaker cables. Scott also mentioned those 2's. Got one set here :)
    Slbenz thanks for that info & thanks all. Will give them a try & compare. Got them fairly cheap. I can alway move em elsewhere. Thanks again
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Would i benifit to use better jumpers over the stock ones ? Can i use bare wire & still be able to insert banana pins ? I could look for better plate jumpers. Where im only using one cable to speaker
    Randy/Maine
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,512
    That won't work. Use a spade fitting on one end and then bare wire.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • boston1450
    Thanks. Ok I came across some somewhere. If i will benifit from it-i will get some.
    Randy/Maine
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    edited February 2016
    F1 I have the AVt3 speaker cables. Scott also mentioned those 2's. Got one set here :)
    Slbenz thanks for that info & thanks all. Will give them a try & compare. Got them fairly cheap. I can alway move em elsewhere. Thanks again
    apparently I was trained by F1 B)
    Would i benifit to use better jumpers over the stock ones ? Can i use bare wire & still be able to insert banana pins ? I could look for better plate jumpers. Where im only using one cable to speaker
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    That won't work. Use a spade fitting on one end and then bare wire.
    Another thing I've seen is one banana, one spade on the jumper

Also (and not sure I'd recommend these if you're super critical about connectors) but GLS Audio makes these, and though it doesn't say specifically, I think I read a while back that they're stackable, so if you really wanted to use bananas all around... Would probably be kind of sloppy, though. Personally I'd go with what P-man recommended, or the banana/spade combo if you don't go bare wire or spade on your SC's.

http://www.glsaudio.com/GLS-Audio-Banana-Plug-Speaker-Connectors--Dual-Tip-Heavy-Duty-Series--20-Pack_p_362.html
    tru3yimih3f1.png

http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-gold-dual-banana-plug-black--091-334
    69rt6dcm23of.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    edited February 2016
    Ive got some of those-but they are singles. They actually work good when you got spade cables. The darn POA-2200 has big ars binders & i used those into the binder holes & put MIT AVt3 spades to them. Walla. They seem to hold well too
    Randy/Maine
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,512
    edited February 2016
    All the jumpers I made are one spade and one banana. You could skip the one banana and use bare wire.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,784
    Jumpers.....no reason to use bare wire. On one set of my speakers I use spades at both ends of the jumpers and bananas on the speaker cables. On another set the jumpers have bananas at both ends and the speaker cables use spades.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    edited February 2016
    I like the idea of spades. & speaker banana's. I may make my own using decent spades & shrink-to make it look clean
    Randy/Maine
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    DSkip wrote: »
    I tried the t2 and was very disappointed. I've heard from several sources with mit that either go big or go home. This is why I don't comment on mit since I've never heard the 'good stuff'.

I also had some exp series and was not impressed.

You have to keep in mind that's more entry level, the EXP series. The Shotgun series, imho, is where the SQ and price ration meets the sweet spot for most.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • boston1450
    Well i got the MIT Terminator 3's qa0nm18bdhf7.jpeg i got online & ordered these little thingys l8qqblhbj9ap.jpeg they work purrfect :). The MIT's sound way better than thick BB bare wire i was using & i got the MIT's cheap & if i ever upgrade i could probably get my money back to fund better cables.. I also added some Belden 1505a ic cables & the Silk Audio CD2 & i am enjoying it alot. I cant wait to get house done this spring & get my new mancave set up & get these B&W's on nice stands.

Randy/Maine
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    dang dude, what do you dust every day?!?
    KUH-LEEN!!!
    Looks great!
    I disabled signatures.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited February 2016
    And so does those B&W speakers, just love their looks.

Btw you owe us a review on those cables someday ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • boston1450
    ^^^ im not to good at reviews. I listened to it before & today i listened to it for 3 songs before i switched over & added the MIT's so i could see if i cound hear a difference & it sounded much better on the same songs. To change things up & not cost to much to me is awesome. Ive got to get in storage & pull out the Mullard i got from Mike & try them in the Silk. Its only got 4hours on it. The stock ones dont sound bad but Mullards & Voskhods are a step up..... Scott it keep it covered when not in use lol. Im looking for suggestions on what to use on the McIntosh chrome. It is very slight pitting & could use a cleaning. Im afraid to use just anything cause i dont want to take off any lettering. So open to suggestions
    Randy/Maine
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    boston1450 - "i got online & ordered these little thingys".
    fk2aw7aa134a.jpg

boston1450 where did you get these thingys?
    Harry - Marietta GA
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • boston1450
    They are pretty good & work well in tight area's. There is different sizes if you search around
    Randy/Maine
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Randy, thanks very much for the link. I like how you have all those cables neatly arranged. I have purchased banana plugs from that guy on eBay previously but never noticed the "thingys".
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • boston1450
    Lol. I bought some banana plugs from someone out there & they worked pretty good for the price. With my vintage Yammy cr1000 its got those clip"put the wire in" on back & i run decent wire & used the banana plugs thingys to the 15tl's with good results & doesnt break the wallet :) Sometimes it may take 5-10 days to get them BUT you forget about it-once you got themybaksdzlo976.jpeg
    Randy/Maine
  • BlueBirdMusic
    It's strange how things work. You posted that Eagles album with the bananas on top. I got that CD yesterday along with about 20 great DVD-Audio albums at Goodwill for $48 including Hotel California. I left two Santanna DVD-Audio albums that I should have gotten based on some values I saw on another site.
    Harry - Marietta GA

Harry / Marietta GA
  • boston1450
    Good find. You I love the Eagle's live. One of my favorite all time bands. Sad to see Glen leave us so early
    Randy/Maine
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Eagles, my favorite band of all time. I saw them several times in the 70's and the last time two years ago in Birmingham Alabama. The two DVD concert from Australia is my favorite performance. The fans there did not pay enough for their tickets no matter how expensive the tickets were in 2004.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • boston1450
    Your a lucky man. Never saw them. Back in the 70's Portland Maine Civic Center there were groups like Ozzy Nazareth Bon Jovi Quiet Riot & more great bands 7-8.50 $ it was dirt cheap. I went to lots of shows. Shows i dont remember. Too messed up back then. In the mid 80's it died off & then all the big shows went to Boston. Too far to travel & get up & work next day. So the Civic Center here died off & a few years back Bangor Waterfront started some great shows. We bring our daughter up to Bangor & have a great time. Bit more money now-but to see her happy brings us joy
    Randy/Maine