Suggestions of amps for driving RTiA9 speakers

Options
Hey i'm looking to get the most out of my new RTiA9 speakers and wondering wich amp you guys suggest me?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Musical Fidelity
    EXCELLENT piece of kit that!
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Right on, that MF will drive those RT's to Pluto and back.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Jessie is being....facetious. lol The OP didn't state a budget, nor look at any of the other suggestions from the same question that's been asked a dozen times in the past couple months.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I know so was I, but thanks for pointing it out to everybody else...lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2016
    Options
    lol....sorry man, hard to tell being the internet and all. Maybe some Boulders would be better than the MF. LMAO.

Sorry Alex, we are having a bit of fun at your expense. Maybe state a budget, what the rest of the gear looks like and the sound you like and we can better offer up suggestions.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    x2 on the Boulder.

• Theheadsn
    Theheadsn Posts: 413
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with my A9's, but at least I have my sc-37 powering them somewhat.
    Whats a worthy upgrade from that? Less then a $1000 if possible
    Have a guy locally selling 2 Adcom GFA-555II's, was thinking of getting both and bridging each one for each A9, but I heard its not that good to bridge the Adcom and could cause more distortion then help.
    Post edited by Theheadsn on
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Jesse is being....facetious.

Wait...what, you calling me a fascist?

I'm offended.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• michael1947
    Options
    I thought he said facesitter.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • michael1947
    Options
    You're gonna have to spend some more money. The a-9's are great but they are hungry boys and they (like most speakers) like nice clean, consistent, controllable power available instantly. These are some of the reasons most of us recommend main stream quality amps. Smokey Unic had a phrase he would pull out from time to time "speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?" This applies to almost all situations.

There are a dozen or so good amps that will power these puppies properly so do some reading and stay from cutting corners or in-breeding with commercial or pro audio gear. Right now I have a couple of HCA Parasounds working smoothly and a couple of Carvers running back-up. best of luck.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    A pair of Emotiva xpa1's and a quality source on those a9's will sound amazing. :)
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    Take a look at the Parasound Halo A21 for sale in the FM. Slightly over budget but will give you the power and control you are looking for. It's an outstanding performer for the price.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables