Phil Collins box set

x9yu9h6wrb7r.jpg
It only has 2 of his LP's for now, but there is room in the box for the rest which have not been released yet.
2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    "Hello, I Must Be Going" comes out this month on the 26th.

Did you get this Voltz? How do the remasters sound compared to the originals?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Yes, it just came in the mail and I've only just opened it... won't get to listen to it till Tomorrow, then I will fire up the TT and I let you know how it sounds :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    fired up "A trick of the tail" yesterday after 20 years. Damn did Phil sound good.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    OK I got home fired up the amp while I cleaned the new Vinyl "Face Value, but the amp wasn't very warmed up yet when I started playing it.

It sounded better then I ever remembered it sounding...I don't have the old vinyl to compare it too, and I think I've not even listen to the CD on my current system, so this is the best system I ever heard it on too...

It sounded perfect to me, very quiet until start of song #4 heard a little but not much noise at the start of that song, I just don't remember "In The Air Tonight" sounding that good, songs #2 & #3 which always seem disappointing after #1 where excellent and enjoyable , loved the drum on #3 and especially like the drums and sound on #6 Hand in Hand!

I think its good enough to show off to others when they want to hear your setup ;) and I think this one is going to get a lot of play time!