Polk Omni Sounder does NOT function properly with Comcast Xfinity

Purchased one of the more expensive Polk Omni Sounders with Sub Woofer at Best Buy and was told the unit was high end and works with all TV's and Cable Companies however now after 4 calls over the last four months to Technical Support and jumping thru hoops with them today they acknowledge that the system uses similar IR Codes as Comcast so my unit turns off and looses all saved settings overtime you fast forward and then hit play a recorded program. tech Support says well it works with some of the Comcast remotes. Is that good enough?
No the technical support I want to deal with. They wasted my time and suggested returning the unit.
So Don't buy it to start with!

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Let me forward your issue to Polk directly for an answer.
    I'll post the replies.
    Regards, Ken
  • In all likelihood the problem is that you need to use your TV's remote not the Comcast remote to program the bar. The Comcast remote sends too many commands at the same time. Once you have used the TV remote to program the Polk it will respond to the Comcast commands.
    The first thing to do is to erase the command you've tried to enter. This is done by pushing and holding the "source/learn" button for 10 seconds. Now using the TV's remote here's how to program the Polk for "volume up" as an example:
    1). with the Polk turned on (LEDs will be dim red) and sound coming from the speaker, press and hold "source/learn" for 5 seconds. LEDs 3,5,7,9 and 11 will pulse.
    2). press and release "volume up" button on Polk remote.
    3). hold your TV's remote between 6 and 12 inches away from the bar and press "volume up" button on the TV's remote. The LEDs will turn solid indicating that the bar has learned this instruction.
    Repeat these steps for all of the other commands and when finished press "source/learn" for 5 seconds to store all of the commands.
    If you are still having a problem call Polk's wireless helpline at 1-800-638-7276 and they will be happy to help.
  • JFCJJE
    JFCJJE Posts: 2
    Ken,
    Just spoke to Customer Technical Support and was told it is strictly an RF vs. IR issue and that a adapter for my X-2 Comcast/Xfinity Box called a XR8 will resolve the issue changing the signal from IR to RF in this room on this TV. This room does not have the Main DVR but a full functioning box that functions off of the DVR located in another room. Since I attempted to return the item to BestBuy as tech support suggested yesterday they said it is over their 15 day return policy so no chance. I really hope Polk will stand behind this product and make this right should the adapter not resolve the problem.
    Thank you,
  • You're welcome, I'm glad you've been able to contact Polk Technical. I've had a couple of followup messages from them on your issue recommending the Comcast adapter. Don't worry, I'm sure we can get things straightened out for you. Let us know how things progress.
    Cheers, Ken