Manual wanted please for SDA-CRS

I am looking for a digital or paper user manual for my Polk SDA-CRS pair. Any tips or info to find this will be very helpful.
I found the manual for the SDA-CRS+, but I would really like to find the earlier manual that came with the SDA-CRS. Any good repro manuals out there for sale for this pair?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• I know this is a really old thread but did you ever find a copy/download? I have a pair and would like to have the manual as well.
    My first exposure to Polk was back in 1986 or so. Walked into Audio Craft in Westlake, OH and a salesman was playing Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast through a set of SDA-SRS's...LOUD. Hooked ever since.

Current Setup:
    • Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL (mains), Polk M5 (center), Polk SDA-1C's (rears), Definitive Technology Reference Supercube sub
    • A/V: Sunfire TGIV preamp, Oppo DV980h SACD/DVDA, Panasonic BDT110 Bluray, Zidoo X9S music server, Kenwood GE-4030 EQ, Carver TFM-6CB (bridged for center channel), Adcom 5400 (rears), B&K Components Reference 200.2 (front/mains).
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    Sorry, I never did find a manual for the SDA-CRS. If you do, please let me know. I will notify you if I find one as well.
  • Will do. I found a CRS+ manual but just not the same.
    My first exposure to Polk was back in 1986 or so. Walked into Audio Craft in Westlake, OH and a salesman was playing Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast through a set of SDA-SRS's...LOUD. Hooked ever since.

Current Setup:
    • Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL (mains), Polk M5 (center), Polk SDA-1C's (rears), Definitive Technology Reference Supercube sub
    • A/V: Sunfire TGIV preamp, Oppo DV980h SACD/DVDA, Panasonic BDT110 Bluray, Zidoo X9S music server, Kenwood GE-4030 EQ, Carver TFM-6CB (bridged for center channel), Adcom 5400 (rears), B&K Components Reference 200.2 (front/mains).
  • hytekrednek
    could you email that to me, or post a link?
  • hytekrednek
    Let me know, and I will pm you my email address if needed
  • My first exposure to Polk was back in 1986 or so. Walked into Audio Craft in Westlake, OH and a salesman was playing Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast through a set of SDA-SRS's...LOUD. Hooked ever since.

Current Setup:
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Thanks for that link. Just read it in it's entirety and find it strange that the CRS+ tweeter crossover is 2.5Khz vs. the 2B at 2Khz.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,262
    xschop wrote: »
    Thanks for that link. Just read it in it's entirety and find it strange that the CRS+ tweeter crossover is 2.5Khz vs. the 2B at 2Khz.
    I find that strange too. I thought both of the CRS+ and 2B had the same crossovers according to the schematics. Perhaps that was true for the ealier models and it got carried over when they wrote the new manuals?

• SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • I know next to nothing about crossovers but do you think it could be due to cabinet size or height? Seems like such a small difference though.

Current Setup:
  • cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    edited July 2017
    I own the original SDA CRS manual, it's a 19 page little booklet. It was sold to me by one of the polk forum members.

I will have it scanned when I have a chance and reach out.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    cortico wrote: »
    I do have the original, It was sold to me by one of the polk forum members. I will have it scanned when I have a chance and reach out.

That's the spirit....
  • cortico
    edited July 2017
    I love these speakers, have them for a couple years now. They sound pretty cool!
    vim6walz8evi.jpg
    p682ntbsed0z.jpg
    jnufx7hnumqp.jpg

• I've had mine for a couple months and love them. Really big sound from a small box

Current Setup:
  • hytekrednek
    cortico wrote: »
    I own the original SDA CRS manual, it's a 19 page little booklet. It was sold to me by one of the polk forum members.

I will have it scanned when I have a chance and reach out.

Awesome! Thank you so much. I have wanted a manual for these for a long time.
  • hytekrednek
    I would be willing to pay you for a scanned copy of the manual along with the other documents that you have for them. Just let me know.
  • cortico
    No worries! Anyone interested can PM the email I will send a PDF once I get a chance.
  • cortico
    I hope that I am not infringing any copyright laws by sharing a free copy of an old user manual... just a thought that crossed my mind.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    No infringement

There is a lot of the legacy schematics on sites, including this one for the speakers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Put them into a single pdf file and they can be uploaded to this thread on the forum for future search results.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • cortico
    Glad to help, here it is.
  • Drahthaar
    Drahthaar Posts: 48
    Thanks cortico. I've been looking for this for a while
  • Thanks Cortico. I just acquired a pair of the original SDA-CRS. Always nice to have a manual.