Amp has static and audio loss

Options
My para has been acting up this last week. I'm using cables made by zingo, which have been great. Earlier this week, I swapped to the other set he sold me, and the problem was fixed, there's a loose connecting in the cable end, most likely from fat fat clumsy fingers fumbling to lock the plugs. The audio seems to be doing the same in both channels, with much less frequency after changing ICs. Anyone else run into similar problems with the 1200 mkii parasound?
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Options
    If I position the left input on the amp just right, it works fine, also, left speaker's driver seems to have a bit of a grind it rub to it, I tried to move the woofer, because the tweeter usually works even when the audio is cutting out. I'm going to swap in my drivers from my 5jrs, and see if that helps. Going to pop the cover off my amp and check for a loose connection inside too. Keep you guys posted, of something is loose, is there anyone in so cal who could take it in over the summer? Of love to mod my 5s too. And will be unable to use them over the summer so could be a good time to do this.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Will I have issues putting 6502s into my 5s, they are 6500s now
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    There was a loose connection inside, i pushed it back together and it seems to have solved it. I also pulled and remounted the driver, and it seems to be functioning properly now.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If the driver is grinding when you push on it the magnet has already ever so slightly shifted. Keep your eye out for a 6500, Polk doesn't make one. I have two backups on hand myself, I like to keep backup drivers, tweeters, and even passive radiators for all of my speakers.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    That's what I feared.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Can anyone around here fix it? I know it's a tough tedious chore. Anyone able to mod my 5s to accept my 6502s?
  • Nightfall
    Options
    See if you can win this lot of 4 for cheap. Four people have already bid and are watching it so I expect it will go up to at least $100 but you never know. If it's still cheap in the last few seconds throw in a bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-Monitor-10-Mid-range-Driver-MW6500-/181997811749?hash=item2a5fea3825:g:y4oAAOSwL7VWn-8D

• seabeerob213
    Options
    I'll see what I can do about those, hopefully they don't shift in the mail if I win.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    You could also post a WTB here on the forum. Good chance somebody will have one or a few they would sell and even better chance than eBay that the magnets would already be better secured in place or they would be willing to do it before shipping.

• seabeerob213
    Options
    Very true, I'll get around to it, probably tomorrow
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    i think it may be a grounding issue, ground loop? my buddy seems to get a bit of a static shock when he turns it on, and i have a couple times too, he is a fairly wet behind the ears electrician, and thats what he thinks it is. anyhow, i decided to suck it up for now and only use the built in speakers in the tv, and it sounds so bad compared to the amp and speakers. i never had this problem before, but i did move to a new room right before the problems occurred, so im in an older building and i know the receptacles arent the best, as there is one hanging out of the wall.