MINTY AV123 Onix Rocket Strata Mini Speakers in South American Rosewood

Options
Gorgeous speakers, I honestly do NOT want to sell these as they sound amazing, but have expenses coming up that are forcing me to (seems to always happen when I get a pair of speakers I really like). Have the mint grills, spikes, cups for spikes, and fitted cloth covers. A rather unique speaker -
Specifications:

● Four-Way System; Woofer Slot Loaded
● Drivers: One 1" Planar-Magnetic Tweeter, One 8" Planar-
Magnetic Midrange, One 5.25" Cone Mid/Woofer, One
Powered (350 Watts) 8" Cone Subwoofer
● Sensitivity: 86 dB/W/M
● MFR: 27 Hz - 35 kHz ± 3 dB
● Crossover Frequencies: 650 Hz, 4.1 kHz; Mid/Woofer
High-Passed at 80 Hz
● Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
● Dimensions: 47" H x 11.5" W x 17.5" D
● Weight - 94 Pounds/Each

Asking price $950, local pickup only.
Also considering selling my Legacy Deep Impact... but would rather hold onto it.26ze9hjdx43x.jpg
4eq31qujjuai.jpg
oalvy7cvsmgs.jpg
p8c3w74hlq3h.jpg
7ntgf1pqnbt3.jpg

3xt59eoigwwl.jpg
mkm4jsb591v8.jpg
LivingRoom
Source: HTPC
Display: GT720 (on the wall)
Receiver: HK AVR1700
L/R: RS850 Signature
Center: RSC200 Signature
SS: Onix Rocket ELT DPA
Sub: SVS PB1-ISD

2 Channel (in the making)
Source: TBA
Amplification: TBA (Integra 2.1 interim)
Speakers: AV123 Onix Rocket Strata Mini

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    Options
    Where is local??
  • Velocitydreamer
    Velocitydreamer Posts: 252
    edited January 2016
    Options
    LoL good question, figured it'd show near my photo, but my bad. Sarasota, FL off Exit 210 i75
    LivingRoom

• Velocitydreamer
    Options
    Not sure if it notified you of my response, as I forgot to "quote" for response.
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Where is local??

LivingRoom

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    LoL good question, figured it'd show near my photo, but my bad. Sarasota, FL off Exit 210 i75

Those are gorgeous, good luck with the sale!

Guess we're neighbors of sorts? Are you east or west of 75 on Fruitville?
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Those are really beautiful. I remember seeing the reviews and the "man" behind them. Did you buy them new?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Velocitydreamer
    Options

No way? My buddy and I have been curious to meet other audio fans in the area. What sort of setup are you running?
    LivingRoom

• Velocitydreamer
    Options
    Those are really beautiful. I remember seeing the reviews and the "man" behind them. Did you buy them new?

Unfortunately, I'm the second (maybe third?) owner; however, I have read many reviews on them, and they are MINTY. I really mean it when I say I regret having to sell them. I may push for the sale of the Legacy Deep Impact Sub more, possibly, and try to keep these... we'll see.
    LivingRoom

• BlueMDPicker
    Options
    No way? My buddy and I have been curious to meet other audio fans in the area. What sort of setup are you running?

Way! :#

I have a bit of everything in 3 dedicated 2CH systems + HT.
  • Velocitydreamer
    Options

Just seen your question regarding 75, I'm at the edge of downtown, in a house South of Fruitville near Ringling and East Ave.
    LivingRoom

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    Miss Sarasota, grew up there. RIP Coach Howell. GLWTS..
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    $950 when you paid $500?!?!? And does minty include the subwoofer hum or not?
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »

OUCH !!!
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »

:o
    bernie_briefs.jpg
    :o
  • Velocitydreamer
    Options
    First of all, there's no subwoofer hum (thanks for trying to lowblow, but no... there was, I disconnected reconnected things, there's no hum and hasn't been since, I can up the volume knob a good bit. You know, the people here seem a good bit more hostile than before. There are some that have always been cool, but Jesus. I'm actually not even going to be selling these. I'm trying to find a way not to, and as for the price I choose to sell them at vs what I buy them at, it doesn't make a difference, and isn't your business anyway. To hell with this. Been on here for a number of years, and have always been cool about things, and mostly people have been nice, but I'm in a god awful position legally right now that I wish I wasn't, and have had to sell a good bit of my belongings to make it through. Last year was one of the worst in my life, this is just one more thing lingering from it. Peace out Polk.
    LivingRoom

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Nobody is being hostile. I hope your year gets better and your legal issues get straightened out. This is a community that has been established on sharing their love for audio and as such the flea market is a place that usually offers items at discounted prices to "keep it in the family". It's NOT a place to flip gear and double your money. Nothing personal at all. I really do hope things get better for you.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    This thread would have been MUCH different if the OP would have started off with two simple caveats:

1. I noticed a hum when I first purchased these, it went away and it hasn't come back. The buyer is welcome to test...
    2. I bought these for less, but I am having financial difficulties and so I am selling these for what I think they are worth to try and rectify my situation.

While the FM is generally a place to offer good deals to polkies, no one is obligated to do that. For instance @DSkip listed things when he was trying to get his business started and just came out and said he was making a profit on certain items, but he needed the money for the family and the business and the prices were fair. That way the buyer knows up front.

I would say the FM is primarily for transparent, friendly dealings among people who can trust each other because there is history and friendship involved. That's all were asking... ;)
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    meā culpā

I apologize and hope things brighten up for you soon.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    Options
    This is a family flea market.

This is not a place to profit.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but this is Polk forum. This is how we like it.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • plumbob
    plumbob Posts: 4
    Options
    What's wrong with a little harmless flipping anyway? Are you seriously telling me, that none of you've have ever bought something at a great price,and then sold it ,to make a lil extra cash? Whose gonna cast the first stone?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Soooo... 2 years later and you wanna bring stuff up...

ROCK ON MANG!!!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    If you see my post above I think it’s clear that established members sometimes sell things for a profit, we just appreciate transparency...if you can’t do that, there are LOTS of other places to hawk ur gear.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    Options
    Sad part is it has been mentioned more than once. If you cant add something to the sale of the item don't comment. IE.. Trusted seller, I own them and love them .......
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.