Cable size for RTiA5 and CSiA4

Hi
Is 14 AWG speaker cable a good size for RTiA5 and CSiA4?
I've read several times that those speakers were not difficult to drive, so I would assume they don't draw too much current and 14 AWG should be just fine....
Am I wrong?
Thanks
RTiA5 + CSiA4 + Jamo SW410E
Yamaha TSR-700 (equivalent to RX V6A)
No surround...yet

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    14 is the smallest you should use.
  • But still fine?
    No surround...yet
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Oh yes, still fine.
  • How long is your cable run?
  • 10 ft max......
    No surround...yet
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    I personally use 12 gauge cables on RTi8 (6 foot run), CSi5 (3 foot run) and RTi4s (20 foot runs). But for a 10 foot run, 14 gauge should be fine if that is what you have right now.
    If you are buying new cables, I would go with 12 gauge.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • Looking at new cables .....14 awg and 8' actually
    No surround...yet
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    There's so much more to speaker cable than the gauge.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    F1nut wrote: »
    There's so much more to speaker cable than the gauge.

Yup....but I think that's a bit over the mans head for right now. Lets just say best to look at some better brands than the monoprice or Home depot stuff. Brands like Audioquest, Kimber, Morrow, even Signal cable or Bluejeans is a step up if you want to stay low budget. Other brands would include MIT, Analysis plus, Harmonic Tech, Transparent, and dozens more.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Doug his quoting me a pair of 14 awg - 8 ft long, with nice connectors (banana plugs and spades)
    After only a few emails, I can already say that Doug seems to be a very nice person...
    No surround...yet
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    French_guy wrote: »
    Doug his quoting me a pair of 14 awg - 8 ft long, with nice connectors (banana plugs and spades)
    After only a few emails, I can already say that Doug seems to be a very nice person...

Do it. >:)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I meet Doug a few times in person me & Marvin got him and Dave from Raven audio to go out to the Saw-grass Steak house, was great and yes Doug is awesome... truly a great person..and I use many of his cables!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    FG: I just sent you a PM.

Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work