Cardas Power Cable (new to me)

w7t0rrtygzjh.jpg

Gifted from my brother in CA. just got this baby delivered today. Cardas Golden Ratio, Constant Q. It's a 6.6 footer and from the dedicated outlet straight into the PS Audio Dectec. I really wasn't expecting it to get any better but boy was I wrong. I am not as goos as some at describing what I'm hearing so bear with me please. I did the A-B test (before/after) with the Billy Cobham "Powerplay" album which is ripped in FLAC 16bit 48000Hz, sat and listened to the first cut a couple of times, then switched to the Cardas from the stock PS coed they sent with the Dectec and it didn't take more than 5 seconds into the first track to hear a brand new song. I am not kidding, no reason to BS. The instruments come more to life and again, smoother at greater volumes. I'm sure there are better power cables but this is the first nice one I have ever had and it's not going anywhere.

Anyone else have one of these or a similar power cable in their rig?
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    THJ I share your thoughts, I think my first experience of a real aftermarket ac was a pangea ac9se. I was puzzled as to how big the improvent was as I had decent gear and ic's but it was so obvious a diff it made me a belieber. Anyways I am sure that Cardas is probably even better, congrats and enjoy!
  • slbenz
    slbenz Posts: 97
    I use Signal Cable for my power amps and components and was surprised that I could hear a positive difference in clarity and slam to the music. I have demoed Cardas power cords in my system and only heard positive improvements vs. stock power cords. Enjoy your new Cardas power cord.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    It's the placebo effect or expectational bias because you know cables can't make a difference, especially a power cord. I mean, it's only 6.6 feet of cable and what about the miles and miles of power lines coming to your house? No, you can't be believed because you've got no scientific proof nor did you conduct blind A/B tests.

There, I got all their nonsense out for the way for you. Enjoy your power cord. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Agreed, throw out all the junk you'll hear and simply use your ears. That's the only thing that matters anyway.

Nice brother you have, and nice power cord too, enjoy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    tonyb wrote: »
    Agreed, throw out all the junk you'll hear and simply use your ears. That's the only thing that matters anyway.

Nice brother you have, and nice power cord too, enjoy.

right Tony. This is the first and only good power cable I own. Scratching my head as to will upgrading the other cords in the mix be yet one more improvement?? If so, I'm waiting on Doug to see what he comes up with on 3 bad boys...or I'll just get PS Audio higher end cords when I can $wing it.

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    If your diggin' the Cardas, why not stay with what appears to be working for you ? Go get some other Cardas PC's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable