Soundbars, which are worth a look

Options
My step mom wants to get my dad a soundbar, looking to keep it cheap, as she is the queen of frugality. What are some you guys have heard under 2 bones? Would you guys recommend any of them?
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• seabeerob213
    Options
    We ended up with a yamaha ats 1050, paired to a psw 505 I had in the closet.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    It's better than I expected, not too bad
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    My step mom loved the vizio and don't that were playing demo tracks from the manufacturer, which as we all know are eq'd to make their stuff sound it's best, even if that means it sounds much different in your home.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Great, I'm sure they will be quite happy with it. Merry Christmas.

My dad lives it, and eNjoy our for a new 4th 2 days later, lol
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    I like the sound bar I have in the Master Bedroom.
    We have the Samsung Air Track with wireless sub.
    Another item I got from the "trash" from work. Came back from the office and somebody had cleaned out our storage area and put this gem outside with a note on the box (yes new and unopened) that said "Free or Trash".

Has HDMI pass through, 3.5mm aux in, optical in, and BlueTooth.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-E450-Wireless-AirTrack-Version/dp/B0076U29LK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451669931&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+air+track

B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,050
    Options
    I brought home a new Samsung HW550 soundbar+ wireless sub just yesterday and here's my thoughts now that it's all set up. It's super easy to set up and I like it for it's easy of operation. It gets very high marks in those areas. It also matches up with the flat screen better than any of my older speakers ever did. For some reason big old 70's speakers looked completely out of place paired up with a modern flat screen; lol. I also like the fact that it eliminates the ht receiver, rear speakers, wired sub and the associated rats nest of wiring. The sound quality is no where near as good as a nice ht system and that's the trade off. The waf is high (she wouldn't touch the old ht rig) and being that I rarely watch tv it sounds good enough and certainly better than the stock speakers on a flat screen.