Pioneer blue ray not playing

Options
Hello folks. I have a pioneer elite blue ray bdp 05fd. Its not playing blue rays but still plays dvd's and audio disks fine. When loading a blue ray the screen displays "does not recognize disk". I've tried several different blue rays and the same thing appears. Any ideas?

Best Answers

• mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    Answer ✓
    Options
    SJ2 - I have had two Pioneer 320 BR players that had the same thing happen. Essentially the "blue" laser dies, but the red continues to work. Not much to do unless you want to replace the laser, but most likely not economically justifiable for an old player. Both my 320's are in the scrap pile. I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone actually has a solution though....
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you downloaded the latest update?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Try a hard re-set first, then add in the updates.

With the cost of BDP'ers being what they are these days, it may not be cost effective to send it off to get fixed.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    edited December 2015 Answer ✓
    Options
    You can't say sausage here. I'm offended...

In that case cleveage should send you into a self-rightous fit and in part, cause everyone to ignore you except the newbies who don't know any better.
    Post edited by F1nut on

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Answers

• RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
  • superjunior2
    Options
    Hello folks. I have a pioneer elite blue ray bdp 05fd. Its not playing blue rays but still plays dvd's and audio disks fine. When loading a blue ray the screen displays "does not recognize disk". I've tried several different blue rays and the same thing appears. Any ideas?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try the firmware update, if that doesn't work sounds like it's going to the scrap pile
  • superjunior2
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Have you downloaded the latest update?

No sir, Ive never updated it but I will try that
  • superjunior2
    Options
    mufsoman wrote: »
    SJ2 - I have had two Pioneer 320 BR players that had the same thing happen. Essentially the "blue" laser dies, but the red continues to work. Not much to do unless you want to replace the laser, but most likely not economically justifiable for an old player. Both my 320's are in the scrap pile. I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone actually has a solution though....

Thank you
  • superjunior2
    Options
    RamZet wrote: »

Thank you for the link!
  • superjunior2
    Options
    RamZet wrote: »

Thank you for the link!
  • mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    Options
    Unfortunately, firmware update did not help to resurrect my 320's...
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    It's an older player, sounds like you need a new one unless your fond of slow loading times. Get a new model.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • superjunior2
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    It's an older player, sounds like you need a new one unless your fond of slow loading times. Get a new model.

Yepper, it sure is slow. I always hated that about that player. Come to think of it, did I buy that off you? I'm almost positive I bought that, or possibly another peice of gear from you. Had to be around 10 years ago, my name is Dan also. For the life of me I can't remember my original username but I used to be an active member here.
  • F1nut
    Options
    superjunior2, did you update the 05fd?

I have one of those, the load time never bothered me, but then again I don't have the patience of a gnat.

President of Club Polk

• superjunior2
    Options
    superjunior2, did you update the 05fd?

I have one of those, the load time never bothered me, but then again I don't have the patience of a gnat.

Lol, my paitience isn't that bad either, I did appreciate the fine player. I haven't tried the update yet. I'm working from a lap top, my new desk top is sitting in a box waiting for me to hook it up, so nope haven't tried it yet. Been busy, lol.

Remember a carma give a way about 10 years ago giving away a pack of dried home made Italian sausage? I'm kinda shocked no one remembers me lol!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options

Yepper, it sure is slow. I always hated that about that player. Come to think of it, did I buy that off you? I'm almost positive I bought that, or possibly another peice of gear from you. Had to be around 10 years ago, my name is Dan also. For the life of me I can't remember my original username but I used to be an active member here.
    It is very possible that you got it from me. I have owned and sold so much gear over the decades it's hard for me to keep track.
    Pioneer Elite has 2 badass players out right now you might want to check out IF you want to stick with Pioneer. I have been eyeing them up myself.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Blu-ray-Disc
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Remember a carma give a way about 10 years ago giving away a pack of dried home made Italian sausage? I'm kinda shocked no one remembers me lol!

I remember that.

President of Club Polk

• superjunior2
    Options

It is very possible that you got it from me. I have owned and sold so much gear over the decades it's hard for me to keep track.
    Pioneer Elite has 2 badass players out right now you might want to check out IF you want to stick with Pioneer. I have been eyeing them up myself.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Blu-ray-Disc

If it wasn't that, then it had to be a dsw pro, or even possibly my reciever. Im positive I've gotten Geer from you my old friend. I cannot remember my old user name. Do you remember shipping anything to someone named Dan in chesterland ohio?
  • superjunior2
    Options

I remember that.

Ok then I'm not crazy lol.. do you remember a guy named Joe? He was a heavy hitter here, and a real nice guy. Don't remember his user name either but he fell off the grid, got into some legal trouble I think just before I kinda faded out here. I wonder how he's doing. He was actually pushing that I send you sausage, no matter who won lol.. he was a good dude..
  • superjunior2
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Try a hard re-set first, then add in the updates.

With the cost of BDP'ers being what they are these days, it may not be cost effective to send it off to get fixed.

I wasn't aware you can give that old horse a hard re set? Damn.. just in plug it?
  • superjunior2
    Options
    For the love of God.. does anyone other then lightman "express" yes you Larry.. remember me?
  • tonyb
    Options
    All I remember is sausage....I'm Italian though, so as it should be. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    All I remember is sausage....I'm Italian though, so as it should be. ;)

You can't say sausage here. I'm offended...
  • superjunior2
    Options
    Lol.. if the weather would cool down here on the sunny shores of cleveland I'd make some more!
  • tonyb
    Options
    Lol.. if the weather would cool down here on the sunny shores of cleveland I'd make some more!

You've got my attention....in with 63. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's