Klipsch Forum

Options
Just joined the Klipsch forum to get some info and maybe score a pair of older bookies. Holy cow, those guys are nutty about their horns! Seem to be nice group though.

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited December 2015
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Just joined the Klipsch forum to get some info and maybe score a pair of older bookies. Holy cow, those guys are nutty about their horns! Seem to be nice group though.

My buddy is a klipsch guy. It's practically a religion for these guys. They do love their horns!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I bet they don't even have their own version of Larry's rings. Amateurs.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    Them dudes over there are super horny.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've had a couple pairs come through my house - Heresy and Forte - but never really set them up properly. They did sound interesting, though. Seemed like they'd go great with some tubes, which I sadly lack...
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Thats the impression i am getting. Some say they power their speakers with as little as 3 watts!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    Heh -- I didn't even know the Klipsch forum was still extant. I used to spend time there, a long, long time ago. There's also a pretty active subforum for Klipsch @ audiokarma.org (FWIW).

As a former owner of a "Heritage" Klipsch product (1974 Cornwalls)... well... yeah, they're loudspeakers. Good gateway drug to... much better stuff (or extensive... really extensive modifications).

The big ol' K-horn isn't bad -- and the basic folded horn cabinet design can indeed be made into something special, but pretty much everything the Colonel's company put inside of 'em needs to be ripped out.

Just my opinions, of course. Klipsch fans are... kinda rabid.
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Thats the impression i am getting. Some say they power their speakers with as little as 3 watts!

I used 3.5 watts per channel with the Cornies -- still do... but not with Cornies.

23154458475_06233206ac_b.jpg024 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    the King of Altec!
    Is that later small Altecs picture left and right?
    I still think my Klipsch for surrounds in HT idea was a good one.
    Well, I did until I saved my 849a's from the dump. (no horns)
    x0u9kf7x1fo4.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The only other Altecs in the photo are a pair of Santiagos buried in the corners.

I actually sold my Valencias -- I really couldn't justify keeping them after I got the Duplexes. The Santiagos sound pretty similar... and cost (me) much less.

I have... a few... Altec drivers and horns in the basement, though, squirreled away for a rainy day, you know?

EDIT: For the record: Gary Kaufman www.the-planet.org is the King of Altec... at least in New England.

Gary has an all Altec HT system... made with real Altec theatre speakers. You wanna talk "immersive" ;-)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mr. Hardy, thanks for the link!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    No more Klipsch in the house sold my Synergy B2s to help fund my 2.3tl's, I do miss them but my buddy bought them for rears in his system so I still listen to them. I've had a few pair of Klipsch pass through here my brother has the other pair I let go so no remorse I still can listen to them also.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)