Feel the hate thread

Comments

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,147
    dromunds wrote: »
    So much hate so little time, as a friend of mine says. I hate it when my friends called me a cradle robber for having a younger girlfriend who said, "I didn't know Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings." A different time, we were walking down by campus and going past a poster shop with a giant poster of Albert Einstein with the crazy hair, and she says, "Who's that?"

Watch out, they might start calling her a grave robber :)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 28,037
    nbrowser wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »
    So much hate so little time, as a friend of mine says. I hate it when my friends called me a cradle robber for having a younger girlfriend who said, "I didn't know Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings." A different time, we were walking down by campus and going past a poster shop with a giant poster of Albert Einstein with the crazy hair, and she says, "Who's that?"

Watch out, they might start calling her a grave robber :)

LOL....BINGO !!
    ERA D-5
    B&K 1403
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    SVS SB-2000 SUB
    Sony 4k bdp
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Wireworld eclipse 7 Ic's
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,609
    My mailboxes are being raped by almost any site/company for which I've ever registered an account with these stupid pre-pre-pre Black Friday and associated, arbitrarily named, "fire" sales clinger onners {clingers on} that dont seem to be much of any sort of sale at all.

Where the #&*% does it end?
    Does this actually help the holiday shopping season, or just take away from the frenzy benefits (and entertainment value in crazy stories) of the original Black Friday? Starting it in July just seems a little too soon, imho.

I need a hot drink - where's my hot drink...
  • Msabot1Msabot1 Posts: 1,920
    Shop small...that's all...Support your local small businesses guys...
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,785
    Not hate but.... Why is it called a driveway where we park and a parkway where we drive?
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

Willow wrote: »
    Not hate but.... Why is it called a driveway where we park and a parkway where we drive?

Deep philosophical question man.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,620
    edited November 2017

For the same reason that the verb to cleave means:
    To stick together.

and

To split apart.

thus:

Peanut butter cleaves to the roof of one's mouth.

and

One could cleave peanut butter from the roof of one's mouth with a suitably subtly wielded cleaver.

I hate stuff like that...
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,836
    I HATE Windows 10. Microsoft has lost it's way, if it ever had it. I've tried it on multiple devices from laptops to workstations, older, newer, powerful, not so powerful, upgrades, clean installs, you name it. It's just awful. Every machine in my house is now back on Windows 7, and will remain until I have no other choice. Mac and Linux are just not an option for me.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • gimpodgimpod Posts: 1,725
    I HATE Windows 10. Microsoft has lost it's way, if it ever had it. I've tried it on multiple devices from laptops to workstations, older, newer, powerful, not so powerful, upgrades, clean installs, you name it. It's just awful. Every machine in my house is now back on Windows 7, and will remain until I have no other choice. Mac and Linux are just not an option for me.

I hear ya brother, Win 7 until I'm forced. Maybe Microturd will get there **** together by then, I doubt it but one can hope. :)
    "If you design software that any moron can use only morons will use it." JMO
    ---
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Unfortunately for most of us we only get to experience the first day and then we can't even remember it.
    ---
    "Close only counts in Horseshoes, Hand Grenades and Thermonuclear Weapons."
    "50% Why... That's almost half."
    "I know, I'm sick and need help."
    ----
    www.gimpod.com
    ----
    "The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,812
    Christmas being pushed upon us since last month, its earlier every year let's get Thanksgiving over first. Other than the annual viewing of Christmas Vacation I've already had enough.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,232
    Been using W10 for years now. On all devices. Don't see why other folks don't want to use it.....it works great, functions well and I have yet to get locked up because of a virus. Complete opposite of my experience with W7.

Tom

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

You do realize you must wonder about this intently...you posted....twice! :wink:
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,626

You do realize you must wonder about this intently...you posted....twice! :wink:

He REALLY hates that...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    edited November 2017
    He's cleaving to it, in fact.

Win10 is intrusive but it works OK.
    I do missWin7 a bit (heck, I miss XP. I liked XP Pro). I thought about staying with Win7, but figured I'd buy some time by going to 10.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,301
    They got a lot of mileage out of XP that's for sure
    Oh I hate Windows 10 so much that any friend who has bought a new laptop recently has contacted me to help them shop for a Windows 7 compatible laptop. Let's just say I am an expert at Win10 to Win7 downgrades!
  • soundfreak1soundfreak1 Posts: 2,775
    I hate people that think they know everything! How dare they! After all their are only a few of us that do.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    YAMMY cdp
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 1,093
    There

Their

They're

Only one is correct for the above post ;)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,066
    psb60xwrrbf0.jpg
    FestYboy wrote: »
    There

Their

They're

@#$#!@&;@ does this work in the above post?
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    YAMMY cdp
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
    Viking64 wrote: »
    psb60xwrrbf0.jpg

And yet you can't spell colour, labour, honour and favourite correctly! Who you...da fuzzy wuzzies? :)
    Viking64 wrote: »
    psb60xwrrbf0.jpg

A good example of my post
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    YAMMY cdp
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,066
    edited November 2017

And yet you can't spell colour, labour, honour and favourite correctly! Who you...da fuzzy wuzzies? :)
    We don't use those FRENCH spellings in America, silly! :p
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 1,093
    FestYboy wrote: »
    There

Their

They're

@#$#!@&;@ does this work in the above post?

Not as long as vanilla has any say in it, lol.

My phone froze and it didn't seem posted. Even when I refreshed the browser. Sorry about that guys. I hate people who double post!

do you guyses know why us Amurricans don't spell, e.g., colour with the "u"? It's because Webster, that ever-frugal Yankee, decided the "u" added no value in terms of pronounciation of the words, so he omitted them. Why waste the letter?!

You could look it up.

:)

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2014/05/america-drop-u-british-spellings

• Msabot1Msabot1 Posts: 1,920
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I do missWin7 a bit (heck, I miss XP. I liked XP Pro). I thought about staying with Win7, but figured I'd buy some time by going to 10.

XP Pro was the best OP system Gates ever came out with...Lots of users..ran a lot of systems..heck,even without support it is still being used by some..
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

XP Pro was the best OP system Gates ever came out with...Lots of users..ran a lot of systems..heck,even without support it is still being used by some..

I still have it installed on a machine at home...man whenever I want to use a deadly quick machine...off the XP box I go! Way overpowered quad core lol.