Kendeil Capacitor Question/Help

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,794
edited December 2015 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Does anyone have any experience with Kendeil K05 capacitors? I'm looking for 6800uF 100V, but 8200uF 100V would work as well. I was hoping to use Mundorf M-Lytics, but they do not come in either of the values I can use. Nichicon KG's would have worked, but again not available in the values I need. So, I've been hunting around the net all night and came up with the Kendeil's, which apparently are used in Quad, Naim and some Krell amps. Reviews however, are not easy to come by, but those that I've found are favorable comparing them to the Mundorf's, which I know are excellent.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome, but I'm only looking for audio grade caps.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    They are also used in my tube amps, and I have zero complaints. I would use the again in a heartbeat.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Options
    High praise indeed John, thanks.

Do you remember where you bought them?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ebay... I figured they had to be better than the Panny's and the others Bob was using. They were not cheap, but they do seem to pack a punch. I remember Bob accidentaly using his fingers to discharge the caps when we were tweaking my amps on his bench and I thought I would be needing to do mouth to mouth.(EEEWWWW). :D

Whatever was good enough for the likes of Pass and Krell is good enough for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    I'm sure you did but on the chance that you didn't...

http://www.kendeil.com/

Name: I.C.T. Power USA Inc.
    City: 60174 Saint Charles Illinois
    Type: Distributor

in my neck of the woods no less
  • F1nut
    Options
    Thanks John and yeah that would have been EEEWWWW!

Thanks Ivan, I did find that distributor info and also the info for a US sales office, but I haven't called either yet. Near as I can tell though, no one carries them here. I did find a seller on eBay who is in Turkey of all places that has what I need, just not so sure if there are real Kendeil caps or not. I will say his feedback is excellent, so that's encouraging.

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    @F1nut
    Enough chit chat...whatcha brewing or rebuilding? Inquiring minds want to know
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    Options
    You know me, I like to finish a job before talking about it.

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

You suck ;)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You suck ;)

I'm offended...
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Reported
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • F1nut
    Options
    Any other input?

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kendeil capacitors are highly rated. Cornell Dubilier is another choice I've seen used at diyaudio.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I forgot, Fred put me on to United Chemi-Con. I used their KMH 105c series in the Krell KSL pre I recapped. You know Fred wouldn't suggest anything so-so. I haven't looked to see if they have the values you need in this series.

http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/kmh-series/3674

kslrecap_1_zps4e7c9f98.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • F1nut
    Options
    Thanks Rich, I'll look into the United Chemi-Con KMH 105c series. I've already ruled out Cornell Dubilier though.

President of Club Polk

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    Jesse if you REALLY wanna know about those caps. You know who you MUST ask here. He'll know fo sho! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Perish the thought, I'd have to be a lunatic.

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

Just don't go raging away Jesse.

But it's OK to poo-poo on your own thread

• ken brydson
    Options

I have Raging rectal itch... Sorry, off topic.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options

WD40 my friend. Cleans that up real nice.
    OK bye.
  • ken brydson
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

WD40 my friend. Cleans that up real nice.
    OK bye.

Spraying now, cooling as we speak...Ahhhh
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just don't light your **** afterwards...
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on