Setting Up a New Harmony Remote

Options
I have a Harmony remote, model # 670. I have it programmed, and it is working all of my components except my Polk Audio Soundbar. The only thing I can find for a model number on my soundbar is "soundbar SDA." When I entered that model into Harmony's website for programming, it shows a picture of a Polk audio receiver, which is probably why the new remote is not controlling the soundbar.

Any suggestions on what to do to get the Harmony remote to control my Polk soundbar?

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    There is plenty of experienced users on this website, so you came to the right place. Welcome.

Photos of the soundbar might help them, and how long ago you bought it and was it used or new at that time? Did you try googling Polk SDA Soundbars to see if you can find one who's photo matches yours?

I don't know anything about their soundbars but Polk has models like the Soundbar SDA IHT (Instant Home Theater) which comes with a subwoofer, SurroundBar 9000 and SurroundBar 6000. There are probably others. Try loading one model on your Harmony and if that doesn't work, try another one, would be my suggestion.

Good luck.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    What model is noted on your owner's manual?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bh144
    bh144 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Jimbo18 and F1nut-

Thanks for the responses. The model number listed is the Soundbar SDA IHT that includes a subwoofer. That is the model that I entered when setting up my new Harmony remote. Good idea on attempting a different model number. I will give it a shot!

Thanks!