I think this is good IC question

Options
Do yooz use different IC's according to where they are in the chain? I would assume that your choice if IC's would be different for a TT but do yall try to select an optimal IC for lets say a CD player or out to an amp or do you run the same all over?

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I have a few different inexpensive cables but decent none the less. I like using the LC1 for my TT, but other sources I choose based on sound. The Bjc lc1 always sounds good to me, though.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I think that the two variables I am most concerned about are length and electrical continuity.

Heck, I used to have a pair of "Monster" cables (courtesy of the "Yankee Swap pile" at the Harvard, MA, town dump) 'twixt preamplifier and power amp, but I got so much grief from some denizens of this forum that I swapped 'em for something else :- )

15775285592_828de568a5_b.jpgDSC_0586 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

I actually like to make my own (cables) -- and sometimes do.

I will never claim that different wires cannot sound different (they can, and do), but I eschew all of the sometimes laughably ignorant, pseudo-scientific (though most typically irrelevant or simply unscientific) black magic mumbo-jumbo that sometimes gets served up in the service of discussions of same.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I hope that the ironic juxtaposition of the Monstrous cables and Mad Scientist Audio "Black Discus" demo thingies on the (cryo-treated?!?!) 18 ga magnet wire speaker cables in the photo above is sufficiently and obviously... ironic.

:- )
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    screw it I am gonna get some more BJC's they are cheap
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Bruce, MIT Shotguns....sound great everywhere.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Damn Jesse, that is way down the road. I just bought my daughter a car and that was not in the plan. I am broke@*&^%$#@#$##%^&*&*())_) mostly lol
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    screw it I am gonna get some more BJC's they are cheap

Yes they are, and they serve a purpose as well. Probably on par with Signal Cables analog 2's. Like always, audio is played on many levels and we have a variety of cables too that compliment that.

Mixed brands ? I have and still do. If a cable doesn't sound good to you in one spot, move it to another. Some prefer the same brand all around, and in some cases it's actually better to do that but it's not written in stone.

Experiment a bit, mixing brands of cables simply means your trying to offset a certain characteristic of one brand of cable you may not like. Depending on what they are hooked up to, and the build of the cable, they can sound different in various positions within your system.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable