Rear Speaker Placement, thoughts?

Options
I'm needing opinions on rear speaker placement. Did a quick and easy diagram of my "home theater" set up; added the potential rear speakers in the only real place I could put them. Wondering how much it will effect the sound by not having them in equal spots and on 2 different walls? I know Pioneer receivers have the MCACC to dial in the settings and delays. But from personal experience, would you think it would be a waste of time to do them? Should I stick with just my in ceilings and just upgrade those to higher end ones? Wouldn't mind a 7.1 set up, might even add another set of in ceilings towards the front if I ever get around to doing the whole ATMOS thing. Thanks again

mp9wv4gthfbs.jpg
af9ch5jvtirj.jpg
y1dqvt27po2c.jpg

Home Theater Setup
  • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
  • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
  • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
  • Center - Polk CSiA6
  • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
  • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
  • Sub - SVS PC-4000
  • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Mine are a tad off kilter too. Can you move that left rear more to the left ?

Other than that, I can see your limitations and your choices aren't too promising. Another set of in-ceiling speakers may be the route to go and you can place them anywhere.. Which I might put wider out from the couch beyond the current ones and more to the sides of the couch if not a tad more forward too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Theheadsn
    Options
    I could move the left one farther over if needed. I'm fine with using in ceiling speakers, I'm just curious on which ones I should get? Seeing as I just got a set of LSi's, would it be better to match them up? or does it really matter at that point
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Stick with the in ceiling. Rears don't matter much, just ambient sound.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    Now for the important stuff.

Let's see that kegerator!

It looks like one of your rear speakers is right above it?