magnifi and DTS HD signal?

Options
New magnifi soundbar, setup and using with directv dolby digital with no problems.
last night played "Jurassic World" BR disk with DTS HD audio, and had no sound. LED went to amber, no audio. Changed my BR player from digital out to PCM output, and and got PCM sound out. Does this unit not accept DTS input?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'll find out for you.
  • md_mike
    Options
    thanks, its a Sony BDP-S6500 if that makes a difference. It has a setting to convert DTS to Dolby Digital, but that did not solve the problem. Digital audio out choices are either PCM or auto.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The Magni Fi doesn't decode DTS you would want to use the PCM setting.
  • md_mike
    Options
    thanks for the reply. It seems strange that there is no DTS decoding, given that many BluRay movies are presented with DTS audio tracks. Polk dropped the ball on this one.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    md_mike wrote: »
    thanks for the reply. It seems strange that there is no DTS decoding, given that many BluRay movies are presented with DTS audio tracks. Polk dropped the ball on this one.

Not really, I can't off the top of my head think of any other brand that decodes DTS HD Master Audio. I could be wrong though. The benefits wouldn't be all that noticeable for such an application I would think as the reason most don't.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • md_mike
    Options
    My issue is that I have to go into the BR player's setup menu and change the digital output to PCM to listen to DTS soundtracks. Dolby Digital soundtracks do not need this change. Only solution is to leave BR player's setting on PCM for all movies.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited December 2015
    Options
    md_mike wrote: »
    My issue is that I have to go into the BR player's setup menu and change the digital output to PCM to listen to DTS soundtracks. Dolby Digital soundtracks do not need this change. Only solution is to leave BR player's setting on PCM for all movies.

I hear ya man, but my point is it's not brand specific this problem. Leave the BDP on PCM and all will be well, no ?

If you want to enjoy DTS HD Master Audio soundtracks, you might have to move away from the soundbars and all in one solutions. IMHO anyway, if you dig the better video a BDP offers, you have to have the sound that goes along with it.

You should see TV's these days. One would expect them all to pass a 5.1 signal, but not all do.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable