Polk Gaming Headphones - whats the diff between models?

Options
So I just got a Xbox One. I'm looking at headsets for it and of course I want to look at Polk products first.

But when I look at the main page I honestly cant tell the difference between the products. There is no way to compare them side by side, no explanation why there is a 10 dollar difference between the P1 and Zx series... or even better WHY there are 2 series with less than 10 dollars seperating them. Same with the Melee and 4 Shot though the Xbox One adapter looks different between those models.

I very much want to try to go with Polk Audio headphones as their pricepoint is attractive, but I dont want to spend my next 4 hours trying to parse the differences between them all either.

@KennethSwauger - perhaps suggest some way to do a compare between the models, or even one page comparing ALL the models with what they do and dont have so you can easily see which one you might want.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Options
    Hey there Enders Shaddow (BTW, I've read the complete Enders series, good stuff)

Hopefully this will Snead a little light

4 Shot and Mele were our original gaming headsets. We learned a lot and had some issues with the Microsoft adapter puck and the drop down mic. Most importantly though we learned there was space for a real audio brand in gaming.

We came back with Stiker. Lower price points, fixed the microphone issue, and made them lighter and more robost. ZX has a Microsoft adapter that we designed and tuned the mic processing and driver amplification specifically for us. P1 is for PlayStation and pc platforms or if you already had an Xbox adapter.

With Striker Pro we took all of our learnings from both series. Better drivers, much more sensitive microphone, more plush leathers, memory foam, metal hinges. Again, ZX has the Microsoft adapter (hence more expensive). Both have long PC cables as well as smartphone cables. Removable mic means it is good to use as just regular headphones for music.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    @D2Lo

Thank you that does help greatly. My last question is are ANY of these fully wireless meaning no physical connection to either the console or controller?

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Options
    No problem. Glad to help.

All of them have a line to the controller.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Just to bring this thread to a close I ended up going with a Turtle Beach 420x wireless headset. It doesnt need a line to the controller.

Hopefully its good.

I am looking at the Polk's as options for my dad who isnt as picky as me, but would still enjoy some decent sound quality.